Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are T series pistols out of production?

When the demand is low and they keep the production low the price is supported by rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    When the demand is low and they keep the production low the price is supported by rarity.
    That makes no sense either.

Kahr Co, I think, is in the business of selling guns. When I see "out of stock" notices all over I can't imagine demand is low. I think demand is high. And I like to believe Kahr Co would not manipulate the market as you suggest.

Not manipulating the market, just producing what is demanded. There is probably a lot more profit in poly guns also. The goal of every company is to maximize profits and gun companies are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Not manipulating the market, just producing what is demanded. There is probably a lot more profit in poly guns also. The goal of every company is to maximize profits and gun companies are no different.

Still confused.

What you said sounds like explotation to me. Kahr Co in my opinion would not do that to loyal customers, like all of us here on KahrTalk. Some (many) gun companies are public lyowned and traded. Their stockholders benefit from "maximized" profits. Kahr Co is privately owned.

I got nothing solid to back this up with but I believe Kahr tries to feed the demand as best they can. Right now Tupperware is in, everybody wants light, small, carry it anywhere guns which is where Kahr excels in the market place.
    They make the steel guns whenever they can to feed those of us who want/prefer them.
    Sure, profit plays a roll, it has to in order to keep the doors open and employees on the line building what we love. But I don't think that's a major factor in the lack of T's or K's on the market.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Still confused.

What you said sounds like explotation to me. Kahr Co in my opinion would not do that to loyal customers, like all of us here on KahrTalk. Some (many) gun companies are public lyowned and traded. Their stockholders benefit from "maximized" profits. Kahr Co is privately owned.
    That would likely be true Dave, but only IF Kahr knew who their customer were, AND whether or not those loyal customers would be likely to buy multiple guns, including newly produced guns. However, in the real world for those customers that do not register their guns with Kahr the company has no idea who is buying their guns or whether the buyers purchase multiple guns. And correct me if I'm wrong but you equate "loyal customers" to those that continue to buy Kahr pistols?

I have owned 11 Kahrs over the years but the only time I have contacted Kahr was back in 2003 when my Elite 2000 needed some refinishing to fix blems that it came with. That was my first Kahr. So they know nothing of my subsequent 10 purchases other than the amount of guns sold. They know numbers but have nothing, in my case, to associate brand loyalty to those additional 10 guns sold. Because of this they produce and market what they think will sell, and continue to do so for guns that actually do sell.

An example is the number of times on this board that many of us have wished for an all-metal .45. If Kahr follows this site then they know that there is a group of Kahr owners that would like to see such a gun produced, but they either don't perceive there being enough of us, or they recognize our "loyalty" but still choose not to. Personally I don't think they pay much if any attention to what goes on here, so they are simply unaware of our loyalty or our desires.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    That would likely be true Dave, but only IF Kahr knew who their customer were, AND whether or not those loyal customers would be likely to buy multiple guns, including newly produced guns. However, in the real world for those customers that do not register their guns with Kahr the company has no idea who is buying their guns or whether the buyers purchase multiple guns. And correct me if I'm wrong but you equate "loyal customers" to those that continue to buy Kahr pistols?

I have owned 11 Kahrs over the years but the only time I have contacted Kahr was back in 2003 when my Elite 2000 needed some refinishing to fix blems that it came with. That was my first Kahr. So they know nothing of my subsequent 10 purchases other than the amount of guns sold. They know numbers but have nothing, in my case, to associate brand loyalty to those additional 10 guns sold. Because of this they produce and market what they think will sell, and continue to do so for guns that actually do sell.

An example is the number of times on this board that many of us have wished for an all-metal .45. If Kahr follows this site then they know that there is a group of Kahr owners that would like to see such a gun produced, but they either don't perceive there being enough of us, or they recognize our "loyalty" but still choose not to. Personally I don't think they pay much if any attention to what goes on here, so they are simply unaware of our loyalty or our desires.
    Now that makes sense.

But isn't KahrTalk sponsered by Kahr Co?

KahrTalk is not sponsored by Kahr Co if you mean financially. KahrTalk is supported and acknowledged by Kahr, if you look at their website you even see a link to our forum. I have it from a reliable insider that a K45 was once on the drawing board and could happen but it's probably a long ways off and may never happen.

Far as customer loyalty, Kahr can't know who's getting what as they must deal through distributors. They know the geographic areas they are going to and quantities etc but not much beyond that. I'm sure they base their production on product going out, demand as it were.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post

If we just had some common sense gun safety laws all them Kahrs would be registered and they’d know exactly who owned them.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

So, on my and Arizona Gunners behalf, is the Kahr T9 in or out of production?

I think that's only what I wanted to know.