Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Ruger PC 9 Carbine

Default Thinking about the Ruger PC 9 Carbine

But only after this virus discombobulation and its gun/ammo panic buying dissipates. I am intrigued by this little gun as a possible HD piece to accompany my two SR9 pistols. Already have a total of six 17 round mags between the two handguns, and probably would order six more. Some 124 grain Gold Dots would make it a formidable threat stopper up to 100 yards, IMO.

Anyone have experience with these?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I have the original version, of the Police Carbine 9mm Parabellum. It's a solid weapon, heavy, strong.

Pros:

uses P89/P97 mags. Those are good mags, inexpensive.
    solid weapon
    accurate
    reliable

Cons:

gritty trigger. I heard it can be corrrected.
    reassembly is a pain
    needs steel buttplate
    needs threaded barrel
    needs bayonet lug
    reassembly could be easier
    bolt release is odd

I don’t have one but am thinking along the same line as you are.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thumbs up

I got one and really like it. I have the 31 round mags as well as other Glock mags for it. It fits great in a Tennis Racket bag for low profile movement. I put the Trijicon green dot sight on it and a brass catcher bag.
    I like the fact it is a takedown, I also added a flash suppressor considering it had threaded barrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Jeepster, I like when you post gun picts on the leather sofa, looks classy. I have a JRC 45acp that’s fun and inexpensive to shoot, dead nuts accurate, very quiet, reliable and did I say fun and cheap to shoot. It’s my favorite long gun inside 100 yards. That 230 grain bullet can ring the steel nicely. I added one of those doohickeys to the muzzle end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DJK11; 04-06-2020 at 12:22 PM.

If anybody can find a 2 for 1 deal I'm in. We'll partner up. I like that the way Jeepster has his set up, durn nice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've been looking at the Ruger PC myself. I like the looks of it an I like better that it can take Glock mags which means 33 rounders! I'm kind of waiting for Ruger to introduce the 5.7x28 version, or maybe even a .22 TCM version!

I see my usual online sources have jacked up their PC9 prices by $100, and are out of stock. Am in no rush and will wait for the current panic to subside. Maybe next year.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Yup... Most online and local gun stores have raised prices. I was in the market for one of these and a Mossberg Shockwave. I finally got the extra money, and everyone jacked the prices by $100. I think I probably will just wait until prices go back down rather than over pay.

Supply and demand. Plus, they may be padding their wallets expecting more of a shutdown later on.