Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Ruger PC 9 Carbine

I went with the Glock mags only because I had access to them, friend I bought it from had a couple and it was set up for them. Having it the same as your pistol is a good choice. Very easy to swap to Glock if the need ever arises.
    The Glock mags are every where and some very high capacity, I have a couple 33 rounders.
    Ruger mags not so plentiful I don't think and don't know of any high caps but still using the same mags for both pistol and rifle makes a lot of sense to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You guys are terrible.
    A bunch of avid enablers.
    I love you all.
    Saw this thread.
    It reminded me of something I had seen and fondled awhile back and promptly forgot about. Mine should be at my LGS on Tuesday. Just completed the training online to keep the gov. happy. Just this representative picture is all I have so far. Other than the bill of course

I'm going to go with the glock mag setup. I'm going to pick up a couple of oem 17rd'ers but I already have a couple of Amend2 34rd'ers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think you'll like it a lot. Great little rifle. There's some accessories out there, but it's fine and fun right out of the box. I put a forend on mine that doesn't weigh anything, helped the balance a little bit but don't plan on much else. Mine had a red dot on it when I got it so I'm pretty set.

A couple cases of ammo would be kind of nice right about now.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've been looking at muzzle brakes. Not so much for recoil as for persuasion purposes. But I'm torn because at 34.5" it's long enough already. Too bad I'm not one of those that has several thousands of ammo.

What kind of forend did you put on it Colonel? About the only thing I really feel compelled to do is to put some QD mounts on it. I have one on the forend of my 930 and they are the bees knees.

I have the QD sling mounts. Mostly cause I hate slings, always in the way but very much needed to carry and helps in getting a solid rest too.
    I'll have to look and see, I don't remember what brand my for end is, I know there are some that are very pricey but mine was not one of them, under a 100 as I recall.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I like the Midwest Industries kit but it's pricey. Truth be known unless we find ourselves in a shtf situation I'll probably never carry this. So I'll probably make due with the sling mounts it comes with, especially since I already have a sling to use on it.

Midwest was one of the pricey ones I really liked but refused to part with that much cash to get. I'll dig around and find which one I got.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

https://taccom3g.com/product/ulw-han...er-pc-carbine/

This is the one I got. I almost sent it back, thought it was wrong but just a little tap and it popped into place. It's very snug and tight. Very comfy and does lighten up the front end. The Ruger is just a bit nose heavy and the forend does weigh quite a bit. This one weighs virtually nothing.

Ruger actually sold the PC9 with this type of forend, not sure whose it was or if Ruger made their own but I couldn't find a factory Ruger forend only.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Carbon Fiber. Cool. What did you do for a QD socket Colonel? I got the 19100 which has the pic rail on the bottom of it. Looks like I would lose that?

Where did you find that 19100 number, I never could find it anywhere on the gun and I couldn't find the box. That's why I thought I might have ordered the wrong one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan