Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Ruger PC 9 Carbine

Mine came with a sling attachment at the very front end of the forend. Perfect for a quick detach and matches the rear in the buttstock. You can't see it in their pictures and I don't see it mentioned but it's there or at least mine is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here's the link to the Ruger page with the part no.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine...ets/19100.html

Mine comes with a sling mount on front and rear. If I replace the fore end I would have to get one with a QD hole or buy an mlok attachment that had one in it. No biggie but after thinking about it today I realized that I probably won't be carrying it in a tactical situation (I'm not an operator, and don't want to be). So if I do replace the fore end either kind of QD hole or stud will work for me. I guess that makes me a donwannabee operator huh?

These are some of the QD attachments I was thinking of. The GGG is the type I have on my 930. One is with an mlock attachment. And the other will of course work with a pic hole. So depending on which fore end is chosen it might require one or none of these, and the swivel attachment that the gun comes with might not fit the bill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You missed my sentence up above. My forend came with the pin to attach your sling, just like on the rear. No rail or anything needed. Just a QD attachment on your sling.

It's pretty slick.

Edit to add, maybe your thinking of the push button attachment type. In which case you'd have to get an adaptor. Personally I'd go with the pin type. Not sure what you'll do on the rear in that case either since there's no provision for that on the buttstock.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Midwest makes a spacer that has one on each side of it. I did miss your sentence, sorry.

My new critter control gun. Cleaned the factory lube/preservative off, switched the magwell to the Glock one, and temporarily mounted my new, and first for me, red dot. Switched the mag release and charging handle around for my lefty use.

I'm thinking of using my 9mm laser bore sighting cartridge to zero the dot. That should work shouldn't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That should get you close enough to fine tune it at the range.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Mine charging handle and mag release were set up left, I'm right but I found that I liked the charging handle on the left side anyhow. Did you find it comfy with all them spacers in the buttstock. Most of mine were removed as the friend I bought it from is about the same size as me. I prefer a shorter stock anyhow. I'm thinking you must be a pretty big guy.
    If we ever cross each other I'd best bring my lunch and maybe get a short nap in before hand.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well, I'm 6'1". My legs are shortish and my upper body and arms are longish. I have to buy Tall shirts and jackets to fit me right. I've been maintaining my weight at right around 215 so it might only be a light snack, and no nap required

I see the charging handle on both sides for either left or right handed shooters on youtube. To me it just feels right on the left side. I switched the mag release over to the right side which put them both on the opposite sides they came on. I figured Ruger probably sets them up to be "natural" for righties. I've only owned one true left-handed model rifle and that was my .06. The bolt was on the left and of course ejection took place there too. So having the charging handle on the left should be the same? Probably a matter of preference as much as anything. Though I do wish the ejection was on the left.

The only videos (all of them), on youtube about zeroing a red dot was for AR's. Given the big difference of range and especially trajectory for those calibers and a 9mm I'm just going to try and zero it for about 40 yards or so. I don't think my eyes are much better than that especially with no magnification.

I better not skip the nap, I could pull 5'6'' if I stretch my neck, had to do that when I applied at State Patrol in an earlier life, required 5'6''. Measuring dude says stretch out and I made it. That plus I sit a lot so probably only about 4' on a good day but damn I'm wiry. Fat only a few pounds less than you but wiry.

A lot of right hand target shooter like left hand bolts so they can stay married up to the stock and trigger. A guy over at the lake showed me his long range rifle, forget the caliber but it was right hand bolt, left hand eject. He said that way they eject onto the bench and the brass don't get dirty?????

I sighted my PC9 in at aprox 50 so I think we're on the same track there. Mine is very accurate, quite pleased in that respect.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I walked off 45 yards in my yard today and inserted my bore sighting cartridge. I "think" I have it where it needs to be but the red dot is so much brighter than the laser, even at it's lowest setting that I'm not sure. If I aim for a coyote's head and hit it in the butt I guess that will prompt him to leave my yard and dogs alone, but I don't like the idea of just wounding an animal. I think I'm going to try and see if I can scare anyone up at the rifle range that's pretty close to me. They just don't seem to be open often, or regularly and there's no contact info on the gate. I would really like to have something as close to me as it is, about 4 miles, as opposed to the pistol range that's 20+ miles away and costs me $175 a year.