Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Ruger PC 9 Carbine

Love pistol caliber carbines. I shoot indoors and 5.56 is just no fun. I have an UZI carbine that I finally got around to making a SBR. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long, it's super cool. Small, robust, reliable,cheap magazines and super easy to hit with. You guys that can share magazines between carbine and pistol have it even better. I definitely think pistol caliber carbines have a place for defense in the home or in an urban environment. The 9mm picks up some juice running out of a longer barrel and it's easier to shoot without hearing protection if you must do so.

Ruger is also making it in a Charger model
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I like mine run Glock mags and Iron sights. I like the sights and the trigger is good. Mine is reliable and fun, get one.

Cool Scorpion Micro

The Charger takedown model is going to sell a lot of units. Pistol caliber "pistols" (ATF rules are stupid) are HOT right now. There are the AR9 models but making them fold is an additional cost. These pistols with the Picatinny rail for mounting folding braces have changed the game.

I have been thinking about a "bag gun". My EDC is just large enough that my pockets are getting too full, so I want to get a bag, and if I'm going to carry a bag, why not a shoulder mountable firearm too? I figure the Charger takedown in 9mm would be a good candidate for that. Benefit of the Ruger is Glock magazine compatibility. I've heard the trigger is 10/22, so that opens up a whole bunch of options.

The B&T pistols are fantastic but too expensive. The CZ Scorpion is the market leader, with all sorts of cool accessories, but it's not cheap, especially the Micro. The Grand Power Stribog is a solid choice, but reports are the magazines are fragile.

A 10/22 Charger Takedown with a folding brace would fit in a messenger bag, and in the event of a mass shooting or societal dysfunction, having what is essentially a .22 SBR with an optic is a substantial force multiplier. I can reliably make 50 yard shots with a .22 rifle. I really can't guarantee that with my CM9. 50 yards shots are only in case of emergency, of course.

Got a notification from Grabagun today that the 9mm PC Carbine was back in stock (@ $15 price increase ) so I went ahead and ordered one. An hour later the site said “Out of Stock” again, so am glad I jumped. Already have six of the SR9 17 round magazines to go with it, not counting the four more that are with my two new SR9 pistols.

Now to look for a sling, a budget red dot and a carry case.

Not thrilled at the $530 price ($30 more than the pre-panic prices), but not as jacked up as most of the ARs. I just wanted one to plink with this summer and to possibly employ it as a home SD option. Plus, being a take down gun it will make a handy travel carbine.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Congrats Army on snagging that last one....I have had an eye on one for a while now, great concept in a take down, bug out rifle....I was hoping that Ruger would come out with an adapter so I could use M&P mags which I have a bunch of but Glock mags are available cheap and since you already have Ruger mags for it, makes it perfect....I have done a lot of research on the PC9 carbine and from everything I have read they are great little rifles and just keep shooting with very little maintenance and everybody seems to really like them....Hopefully this craziness will pass and ammo prices and availability will come back to normal so we can get back to the range again......Good luck with it and let us know how it shoots when you get a chance....

Picked up my little plinker Today. It seems like it will suffice as a social distancing device... Good out to 100 yards or so. Was supprised that it is a bit weighty at 6.8 lbs. Fit & finish appear to be very good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Rudyard Kipling

Wow I didn't figure it would weigh any where near that. Looks good though. Should be great fun and a useful tool.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

A nice pair if I say so myself...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Rudyard Kipling