CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Ruger PC 9 Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Wow I didn't figure it would weigh any where near that. Looks good though. Should be great fun and a useful tool.
    The tungsten block (see arrow in diagram) is an added weight to make The blowback action recoil softer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Anyone here have a KelTec Sub-2000? Only 4.25 pounds, assembles quickly, uses Glock or other magazines & can be 9mm or .40 S&W. I've been considering that.

Quote Originally Posted by Himhawkeye View Post
    Anyone here have a KelTec Sub-2000? Only 4.25 pounds, assembles quickly, uses Glock or other magazines & can be 9mm or .40 S&W. I've been considering that.
    Yes, I enjoy it a lot.

i want an M1 Carbine in .45ACP.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Yes; works great. 9mm Glock mags 33 round mag. folds nicely into soft brief case for road trips.
    Green Laser under barrel & Red Dot side mount were easily added.
    Red Dot mounted to side allows for use of aperture sight and for firearm to be completely folded.

I have thought about the Ruger PC. (Pre-Riot days). I can see many benefits to having a fast carbine for many reasons. However the only thing I hesitated on was the heavy weight. Ruger could have done so much better in this regard. I have a SR9C and about a dozen mags and this would work out in my favor. Why the weight? I have not shot a 9mm carbine, but have shot 9mm in a Midland shotgun 18"barrel with a Shortlane 8" adapter and there is virtually no recoil to speak of . That gun weighs 4 l/2 lbs. Not ruling out the Ruger in the Future. I think 40 cal would be my choice of . Why not give the carbine more power that is close to the 10mm with a longer barrel than a pistol. Just some thoughts.
    Congrats to Army Brat. Hope you keep posting on range time.

Having tried both I’m going to get a Kel-Tex Sub2000 (gen2) if prices ever come back to earth. Not gonna try to rationalize it. They’re just a lot of fun.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Having tried both I’m going to get a Kel-Tex Sub2000 (gen2) if prices ever come back to earth. Not gonna try to rationalize it. They’re just a lot of fun.
    And now there’s this: https://www.keltecweapons.com/firear...s/sub2000-cqb/

I hope they make a Gen 3 with 16” barrel, using the rotating barrel latch so optics don’t get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    That’s it. I’m in
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Good luck finding one!