Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Kahr Slide Removal and Reassembly Method (unofficial)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kahr Slide Removal and Reassembly Method (unofficial)

Hello All,
    I just wanted to share with folks the method I use to remove the slide from my Kahr S9 as I find it quite easy. I wanted to post this after seeing numerous people on YouTube struggle to remove or reassemble the slide while often having to use a tool. None of which is necessary. If you have a better method please feel free to post it. Note: Always make sure your firearm is unloaded prior to breaking it down!

Anyhow this is how I do it:

Place your thumb in the trigger guard area. Then put your index finger (same hand) on the front of the slide and use it to push the slide back. When it is in proper alignment you can then use the magazine to push the slide stop out. It's easy to manipulate the slide this way and no additional tools are required.

Now, if you use your other hand to apply pressure on the slide stop (pin side) while doing the above it will lock the slide into alignment automatically! You can then use your fingers or the magazine to finish removing the slide stop. This allows removal of the slide in the dark or without ever having to look for alignment!

Reassembly is the same way. When you first put the slide back on the gun go ahead and insert the slide stop into the hole. While applying pressure to the slide stop push the slide back. The pin will automatically lock into position without ever having to actually align it. Easy Peasy!

I hope this was helpful.

God Bless,
    Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph III; 04-11-2020 at 10:50 AM.