Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Anyone go for exotic leather gear?

Default Anyone go for exotic leather gear?

I just now wrote out the cheque to Andrews Leather for an ostrich leg exotic leather Slim Loader Pouch. Exotic leather just lasts longer and is much harder to scratch.

Once I slim on down (and live through the pandemic) I want a croc leather belt. I'd like all my gear pouches and holsters to be exotic leather.

Anyone else?

If my canoe ever comes in I'd go a lot of exotic too, I'm not opposed to spending large for good quality belts and holsters but right now on my side of the tracks it's horsehide at best and lately mostly leather lined kydex from Garrett.
    I never used to be able to stand IWB but over the years trying it and most importantly, playing with the adjustments to get the cant just right it's working well for me now. I do IWB almost exclusively.

OWB is usually Mernickle and he has a lot of exotic rigs to choose from.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have one holster with elephant embellishments. It's cool, but realistically, plain old horsehide or cowhide is more sensible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. I see exotic as "much more durable" as cowhide is easily scratched. We'll see.