Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Browning Hi Power fans?

Default Any Browning Hi Power fans?

I have some 10 Hi Powers.....most are X European or Israeli Police, with a couple Practicals and one Sport model. Most of mine are 9mm Parabellum with two being .40 S&W. I just love the design!

I am contemplating having one of my alloy framed models and /or my Israeli Mark II customized into a carry piece.

Anyone else?

I'm a big fan of them.
    I don't use mine for EDC. That said....there have been times in my life when I found myself going into situations where the probability of a gunfight was significantly increased over "every day". At those times my HiPower and 2 spare mags in a JackAss rig have been part of my go-to setup.

I love ‘em. Perfect fit to my hand, perfect balance, good-enough trigger, decent capacity, all metal, what’s not to like?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I learned to shoot in the sixties on HP's and 1911's. Probably that's why, if given a choice, I still prefer a manual safety. [that is the reason I switched my preference from SIG to HK.] I carried a HP as my service pistol in the Navy for seven years. However today, because of concealed carry, I like smaller pistols. I have four Kahr's and only three each of SIG's and HK's.

I learned to shoot in the sixties on HP's and 1911's. Probably that's why, if given a choice, I still prefer a manual safety. [that is the reason I switched my preference from SIG to HK.] I carried a HP as my service pistol in the Navy for seven years. However today, because of concealed carry, I like smaller pistols. I have four Kahr's and only three each of SIG's and HK's.

Sorry about the duplication - I guess I'm getting old since I had my nineteenth birthday on Feb. 29th.

I sometimes duplicate posts and then go back and delete the second.

I believe the Kahr's grip is a copy of the HP's....read that in an article about the Kahr back in the 1990's.

One of my favorites! Bought an HP Mark III 9mm back in the early 90’s. Always wanted to send it to Wayne Novak for customization, but never got around to it. Got some Meg-Car 15-round flush-fit mags and they work perfectly.

There’s just something about how that grip fits my hand. Only the Sig P228 and HK P30 come close, just in a different way. Never recall this gun jamming, even though the ejection port is super small compared to today’s standards.

The trigger has some slack, but that never bothered me. The follow-up shots on an all steel gun always seem to settle right back on target.

I understand why people often have more than one in their collection.

The Hi Power is my favorite handgun so I have a few. My Silver Chrome Mark III gets the most use. My shooting friends sometimes comment that I brought the "Pimp Daddy Gun" because of the factory hard chrome finish and gold trigger. They may tease but its pimped out looks doesn't seem to kill their desire to shoot it! LOL I recently purchased a Tisas stainless Hi Power clone. I have not fired it yet but it is extremely well finished for it's modest price.

We’re gonna need pictures of Pimp Daddy.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101