CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else wants a double stack Kahr?

Default Who else wants a double stack Kahr?

I would love to see Kahr make a 15 round double stack version of the P9. Sort of a Glock 19 but with the (IMO) superior Kahr trigger? Am I the only one? I would buy one as soon as it hit the shelves.

To me, the attraction of a Kahr is that it’s so slim. A double stack magazine would eliminate that advantage.

Well, this site is an arm of sorts (or something) with Kahr, maybe they'll do a special run.

I also prefer the slim size. I view Kahr as a good "compact auto" and that is the role it fills for me. I would like to see a 4 inch barreled model, say a T9 slide on the K9 grip but it's not that big of a deal.

If I want higher capacity I would carry a Browning Hi Power and may do that yet although the BHP would need some custom work and I'd have to get a holster made for it.

Not on my list. With Kahr thin is in. Five and six inch versions of the TP or T In 45acp would be on my must have list.

I would think Kahr could make a very thin double stack. That’s why I would like for them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    I would think Kahr could make a very thin double stack. That’s why I would like for them to do it.
    If they thinned out the polymer on the grip and made it just a little wider they could accommodate a double stack mag. The polymer on my 365 grip is much thinner than the polymer on my CM9 grip.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Keep it thin. There are scores of double stack guns but fewer thin guns. Besides, not sure how reliability would be affected. I've seen enough feed and follower problems without complicating the matter.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I think Kahr should stick with what they got and work on perfecting it, little things, steel flush floorplates. They have other brands to fill the larger gun niches and they do it very well.
    I would be on board for a T45 or a K45 though. Singles stack is fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

K45 for sure! I don't think we will ever see a double stack Kahr of any size or flavor....I may be wrong but I don't believe Kahr makes their magazines in house but rather out sources that work to another company....When Sig began work on the 365 they designed and built the hard part first which was the magazine and then built the rest of the pistol around it so in order to build a double stack Kahr it would require lots of R&D money to get a working magazine to design a pistol from and I don't think they are interested in that kind of commitment and investment to bring a new product to the market?...Why mess with perfection especially if you can sell all you can make....Make mine a thin PM any day....

I’d be very interested in a Kahr double stack, and have said so on here a few times
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101