Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else wants a double stack Kahr?

LOL Colonel. Could have just as easily been Bob and Frank. Anything other than us vs. them. Trying not to personalize it overly much.

Certainly not best for out wallets. But expensive as it is, it's a fun hobby! As they say, variety is the spice of life.

I have small hands for a 44 year old man so I don't want a double stack anything, let alone a Kahr.

Default Who else wants a double stack Kahr?

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleHead View Post
    I have small hands for a 44 year old man so I don't want a double stack anything, let alone a Kahr.
    I have small hands too. Sig made a double stack with a grip not much thicker than Kahr’s single stack. It’s certainly possible to have a 10+1 CM9 but I don’t think we’ll see it.

Kahr made an attempt to innovate some years ago but it must have been a fail because it never came to market. There’s no indication that they’re working on anything new. I’m happy with my Kahrs but my last two purchases have been Sigs and my next purchase may be a Walther.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    For me, the trigger is what makes a Kahr unique. There are plenty of skinny guns out there with triggers I don't care for, but few double stacks with a trigger like a Kahr.
    Got to handle the FNX45 today when I went in to fill out my paperwork. I only pulled the trigger in DA once but it sure felt smooth to me, much like my Kahrs. I should have it home within a week or so, and I'll play with it more. And measure the pull with a scale. If anyone's interested in exactly how it stacks up to a Kahr trigger, give me a shout or reply to this thread with an inquiry and I'll give a more detailed report.

Earlier I wasn't trying to get on anyone for being perfectly happy with Kahr as it is and their guns as they are. Just wanted to give a nod to variety and the idea that it can be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Got to handle the FNX45 today when I went in to fill out my paperwork. I only pulled the trigger in DA once but it sure felt smooth to me, much like my Kahrs. I should have it home within a week or so, and I'll play with it more. And measure the pull with a scale. If anyone's interested in exactly how it stacks up to a Kahr trigger, give me a shout or reply to this thread with an inquiry and I'll give a more detailed report.

Earlier I wasn't trying to get on anyone for being perfectly happy with Kahr as it is and their guns as they are. Just wanted to give a nod to variety and the idea that it can be a good thing.
    A friend carries the FNX45 but he doesn't shoot it as well as he should. I think it's a lack of practice combined with the high sights and the long take up in single action. After a few rounds I got a handle on the single action and was able to knock down the steel plates with it pretty well.

Nothing wrong with variety!

I already bought a p365. I waited for Kahr to make one and fix some of the things that I don’t like about their trigger. I can only wait a decade or so before I have to go with other than a kahr.

My approval came back very quickly this time around. Picked up my FNX45 today.
    DA trigger is smooth, but not the same as the Kahr. That might have something to do with tactile feel, because the trigger is shaped a bit differently and not smooth steel like our Kahrs' triggers. But also because it averages at about 9lbs 9oz. Also there is an audible and tactile click when it clears the half-cock notch, though thankfully no creep. I have felt far worse triggers on many other guns. I think with time it will become less "alien" to my finger. The SA pull is pretty good as well though neither DA or SA is on a par with my Berettas.
    The grip is fine and the large backstrap feels better than the small though I won't know if I'll shoot better with one or the other until our range reopens. Either way it's a large grip and those with less than medium mitts might find it too large, though it's angled more like a 1911 and is not as large in my hand as a Beretta. Beyond and possibly in spite of all of the above it's hard not to like 15 + 1 in a .45 and that was the deciding factor for me. It will not replace any of my Kahrs which despite being single stack and low in capacity still have the smoothest DA trigger I've ever had the pleasure to pull, or own.

I’m waking up this old thread to say I watched a video today from a guy who claimed to have talked to Kahr at the SHOT show. He claims they are very close to releasing a double stack. Not only that, but a double stack with a bunch of really innovative features.

https://youtu.be/EDj-59sWckI

That explains the pig I saw flying yesterday.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.