Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Who else wants a double stack Kahr?

I predict it will be a somewhat radical difference than the Kahr's we've come to know and love. I don't think it will look quite so Kahr-ish. Barring that, I'd be happy with just what we see now, but with a slightly thicker grip that will hold 10+1 in 9mm. Justin may just take the world by surprise again, and come up with something that has the magazines tandem stacked, front to back.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    A double stack 9mm, may be nice. But.... I still want a K-45. I realize if they use the same frame as the K9/K40, it will most likely be a 5 shot magazine, like the PM45. But...I still want one.
    And I've been asking for an MK45 for years !!!

And a T-45!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I wanted a K45 but I think the T45 would make even better sense.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have to dissent on the double stack, for a few of reasons: One, as been said, there are plenty of alternative double stacks, from long standing name brands, that Kahr would be hard to find financially viable to try and compete with; Two, they have "put all their eggs onto one basket" and focused on ONE thing- a thin, reliable, innovative, concealed carry pistol and IMO, when folks make only one thing, they tend to be the best in the market at it and Kahr has done that in Aces; Three, I'm in the camp of carrying an extra gun, instead of extra ammo. As a S.O. with the IDPA, I've seen too many catastrophic failures, due to MIMS parts breaking (which is a discussion that brought me here, and I'll address, rather than dredge up an old thread: one poster said there's NO difference between MIMS and forged parts. i beg to differ- that's like saying there's no difference between wood putty and real wood. Another poster said that the slide stop takes no stress. Umm, what? You know the force the bullet has going out the barrel? The recoil? That's the same force the barrel hits the slide stop with, every shot. THAT is the part that breaks the most). SO, in a SHTF, spare ammo won't help a broken gun, but a spare gun will, and i prefer them to be thin and concealable.
    Last edited by Gatorman; 03-24-2023 at 02:06 AM.

The world has enough double stacks. Trends come and go. A double stack Kahr? Not the least bit interested. All ready own enough. Kahr should walk their own path like they have done. No catering to internet nonsense like super light triggers, short resets etc. Kahr needs to remember and stick to the Flag ship guns. Forget the Double stack and just make a great gun even better. Use the same magazines. I have had a feeling for a long time that the single stacks will come back. I already have.

Here is just one gun to look at as far as features. Not a endorsement, bu look at the take down, the modular Design, the ability to add a back strap. ETC ETC. Make the Kahr easy to work on. Available parts, easy to clean. A new design in the removal of the firing pin. Just make the best Single Stack on the Market.

https://www.savagearms.com/stance

I agree! Be relentlessly focused on making the best horse drawn carriage on the market.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Kahe can make both - slim single stacks and chubby doubles.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I agree! Be relentlessly focused on making the best horse drawn carriage on the market.
    More like wanting back seats in a Lamborghini...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman View Post
    More like wanting back seats in a Lamborghini...
    And that would be the double stack. Or a Harley with a side car. Lol, and you ride around each day with no one in it. But hey, some guys need a double stack. Comes in handy when ya need to shoot and spray or ya just can't hit the side of a barn door. Heck, if you can't get the bad guy with the first shot, you are mostly likely dead anyway.