Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: SGAmmo Newsletter on virus

Default SGAmmo Newsletter on virus

A lot has changed in the ammo business over the past 40 days as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. Supply has been badly diminished, and bottlenecks in manufacturing and distribution will continue cause shortages for months yet to come. From what I am seeing the worst is yet to come on ammunition availability which I believe will reach its worst in the next 30 to 90 days. The buyer's market conditions which I have talked about in so many prior newsletters that brought ammo prices to 12 year lows in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 have passed. I hope most people followed my advise in the past and stocked up while supply and prices were at their best. At this time supply has for the most part been bought up, most ammo factories and importers have done substantial price increases, and moving forward availability will be limited to what the factories can make and allocate to their distributors. Covid-19 has caused some ammunition factories in Europe and Russia to close and / or reduce production, and most likely that will spill over here to some of the manufacturers in the USA at some point. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse. We thank you for your support of our family owned and operated business and will do our best to serve our clients well in these strange times, so please stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog at www.SGAmmo.com

**Just got the above email. I was very happy with the cost of ammo but alas, those prices will be gone for a while. I have very good stocks of defensive ammo but limited stocks of practice ammo, at least for pistols.

I just ordered yesterday a 200 round case of their 9mm Speer 124 grain +p Gold Dot SD ammo at a price comparable to what I paid 10 years ago.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I received a newsletter yesterday for Outdoor LTD. News that they would be shipping to California after a Judge shot down the existing BS law calling it what it is, "Unconstitutional". They also had ammo in stock. I normally use TargetSports but they have been bone dry. I ordered 1,000 rds of 380 and 1,000 rds of 22.cal. Hopefully TargetSports gets back in action. Maybe somethings will get better for my poor friends in CA, but myself, friends and familiy have a enemy of the State as GOV. It seems he will not rest until he completely takes away all our rights in Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I received a newsletter yesterday for Outdoor LTD. News that they would be shipping to California after a Judge shot down the existing BS law calling it what it is, "Unconstitutional". They also had ammo in stock. I normally use TargetSports but they have been bone dry. I ordered 1,000 rds of 380 and 1,000 rds of 22.cal. Hopefully TargetSports gets back in action. Maybe somethings will get better for my poor friends in CA, but myself, friends and familiy have a enemy of the State as GOV. It seems he will not rest until he completely takes away all our rights in Virginia.

WV offered to take on any VA county that wanted to leave Richmond and come to a free state.....so when this is over, join us over here in WV.

I really feel for my VA brothers, not good over there.

Very happy about the legal news today coming out of CA concerning ammo back ground checks.

I still have to do ammo testing on my K9 and P9 before I can order a bunch anyway.