Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo testing might pay off in the pandemic.

Default Ammo testing might pay off in the pandemic.

Well I can't seem to get hold of any more Prvi Partisan 130 grain FMJ in .38 Special. However, there were other FMJ's that shot well and to point-of-aim in both my carry 38's. Supplies of those seem pretty solid.

Not that it really matters....I won't be shooting much while this is going on.

You mean like this? Can you believe I’ve had those 2 cases of PPU .38 behind the single blue PPU box since Hillary was running for president? It’s pretty good stuff but I don’t shoot it much. Bought it from SGAmmo in 2016.

A3597-BE2-2-C41-4-B34-84-E3-54591969-C333.jpg
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Filling me with cartridge lust over here!

So....just out of curiosity, how many grains? Would you sell those?

This is kinda neat.....PPU replied to my email. Their factory is closed until April 22.

So whole factories are closed in Eastern Europe over this. SMH. Terrible, but it is nice the rep replied to my email.

On of the best decisions I made was joining TARGETSPORTS. I buy a lot of ammo and used to buy bulk 1,000 rds on a regular basis. But I still buy bulk, would buy a 1,000 rounds of Mixed brands and weights etc at bulk rate prices. And if I just wanted to experiment with one particular box of ammo, I would order it and bulk rate price for one box would come to my house shipped completely free. Last summer I experimented with a lot of shotgun Buckshot loads. Shot quite a bit of different 12 and 20ga. Target Sports came through. I had about 35 seperate orders last year. And Thankfully would save a lot of ammo just like a saving bank. The $99.00 membership fee paid for itself many times over.

On order of Buckshot

Here is a sample of a fee gift they send you every years. These 22.cals and the powder coated ammo can.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post

I think I’ll keep it. It’s 130 gr. FMJ. I think I have about 1400 rounds of it total. Bought it after a bought a couple of J-frames and my GP100 back in 2015 and 2016. Still shoot it a couple or 3 times a year and when 9mm gets scarce or expensive kind of like now. That’s one of the few calibers I still save my brass on because I don’t have a big enough stockpile and .38 is more expensive and a good future teload candidate. I like the PPU FMJ .38. Seems to shoot softer than some.

Actually I like Magtech .38 158 gr. It shoots real well through the GP100 and it tends to run on the hot side so I don’t shoot much more than a box through the j-frames at one time. It snaps about like my 9mm Ruger LCR.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Thanks. I’ll have to check out target sports. I usually have 10 to 12 SGAmmo bulk orders a year so Targetsports may pay off for me too.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post

Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Target Sports is where I get most of my ammo. Stocked up on Geco .38 spec. 158gr. FMJ when it was cheap............................................. ..................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I guess I can be bought... I could even work out delivery at that price.

Visit here: