Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
I think I’ll keep it. It’s 130 gr. FMJ. I think I have about 1400 rounds of it total. Bought it after a bought a couple of J-frames and my GP100 back in 2015 and 2016. Still shoot it a couple or 3 times a year and when 9mm gets scarce or expensive kind of like now. That’s one of the few calibers I still save my brass on because I don’t have a big enough stockpile and .38 is more expensive and a good future teload candidate. I like the PPU FMJ .38. Seems to shoot softer than some.

Actually I like Magtech .38 158 gr. It shoots real well through the GP100 and it tends to run on the hot side so I don’t shoot much more than a box through the j-frames at one time. It snaps about like my 9mm Ruger LCR.
If you want to keep it, that's fine, I would keep it too. I found alternative rounds for about what I was paying before all this started that according to my records, shoot to point-of-aim in my carry revolvers and other revolvers I tested. PPU was just the overall winner as it shot POI in most everything and was cheaper. I felt it ejected easier and had less recoil as well. I still have some 600 rounds of it anyway but won't be shooting nearly as much as I was.

I think prices will go down over time as the newbies feel more comfortable and stop buying up every FMJ they can find.

One of my fantasies is to be driving down the road and come across a "yard sale" sign where the widow is dumping her prepper husband's enormous stock of ammo. If I didn't have my truck I'd go to Uhaul and rent one!