Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good time to sell?

That's probably true. I got my P9 Covert for $350, which was very lucky as the first buyer just stopped making payments and the gun store put it online for what was left. Originally it was like $600.00 or so. Now, I see P9's all over Gunbroker for about half that.

I notice K9's are still way up there.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I'm taking mine with me.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

That's what I say all the time, gonna be a damn heavy box.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I purchased a couple of firearms I intended to sell and so far have not been able to bring myself to sell them.

A CW9 with a laser.. bought to take the laser off to put on the CW9 purchased for the wife that I should sell because she can not rack the slide well enough to carry.

A 7 shot 6in GP100 with a laser that I intend to move onto the 6in GP100 I already had.

Then I have several my father left me when he passed. They are of no sentimental value as he had them to sell, everything that had any sentimental value had been sold long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I purchased a couple of firearms I intended to sell and so far have not been able to bring myself to sell them.

A CW9 with a laser.. bought to take the laser off to put on the CW9 purchased for the wife that I should sell because she can not rack the slide well enough to carry.

A 7 shot 6in GP100 with a laser that I intend to move onto the 6in GP100 I already had.

Then I have several my father left me when he passed. They are of no sentimental value as he had them to sell, everything that had any sentimental value had been sold long ago.
    I can't talk, I have several firearms I have never unboxed, much less shot.

Most women (and many men, seen that one) do not have the forearm strength to rack an auto's slide. That is a very dangerous situation. A captain, before my uncle's eyes, shot himself in the head with his 1911A1 during training in the US Army due to improper loading technique and not having enough forearm strength to control the weapon during loading the chamber.

Get her a good revolver. There was an excellent S&W 638-2 for sale online a day ago. I can link you if you want. (-2 is the best...no Hillary Hole).

Thanks but no thanks on the link to the revolver sir, she has a Ruger SP101 with some of Bawanas work in the grip panels.

The wife can be a bit hard headed... probably a good thing considering my hard head. Anyway the son and I found a nice Walther PPKs we thought would be good for her so we took her to check it out. She didn't like the price so she settled on an SW Sigma. I had no issue with it except it is rather large for her to carry on her side but I let her get it anyway because I could carry it and had nothing to carry at the time. Before she even got it in the house I pointed out the size issue and she asked why didn't I mention it in the store... then she said I guess we gotta go back and find something else. A couple of weeks later she selected a Kahr CW9 which we all liked but I never thought about her not being able to rack the slide... I had never even heard of Kahr but liked that CW so much I found myself a K9 cause I prefer steel over polymer. Soon as I got that K9 and she touched it the first words out of her mouth were I know which Kahr I am gonna carry so I had to go and find another K9. A bit later I picked up a Ruger SP101 and after the first range trip she asked could she have one so I hadda go find another. Some time or another she decided she can not rack the slide well enough to suit her on either the CW or the K9 and I wish she had decided that before I got them...

Not that you donít already know this, but here goes...
    Iíve found that this works SOMETIMES when people have trouble racking slides. Most will try to hold onto the grip/frame and pull the slide backwards.. Instead, hold tightly onto the slide and push the grip/frame towards the muzzle. Makes racking the slide MUCH easier. Elementary, I know, but Iíve seen that little nuance help a few people. Cheers!

I've assisted my Kahrís break inís by doing this rapidly a few hundred times. No way could I have done so many racks so quickly, without getting fatigued, if trying to do so by pulling the slide back.