Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CT380 vs P9 or S9 recoil?

Certainly some strong opinions. I’ll start the campfire and grab my acoustic guitar.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Certainly some strong opinions. I’ll start the campfire and grab my acoustic guitar.
    Start the fire, get the marshmellows, but what ever you do, do not bring out any lite Beer. I will take a Whiskey Straight and a beer chaser. Preferably my favorite below. And YES, I love pocket guns. Beware and watch out.

Notice the print at the bottom.

You know, there are many types of hammers in the world, some for finishing work, some for framing, some for upholstery, etc, etc.
    The point people should accept, and at the end of the day have to accept, is that the Kahr P380 is a "no excuses" gun. As in it can be carried nearly anywhere regardless of weather or activity, barring swimming if you value it. You don't have to dress around it, so if you have one there is no excuse not to carry a firearm when you are permitted to do so during those times when circumstances dictate not being able to dress around a larger gun or the activity makes carrying a larger gun inconvenient.
    For those who wish to carry it as a primary EDC, it's unarguable that they are better off with it than without a larger gun that is not suitable to the circumstance or even personally, just because. And there are some, like my wife for who carrying a 9mm or larger does not work, for a couple/few reasons. So rather than engage in caliber wars or even disagreements if those who would not do so can just cede the point that for some it is a matter of personal choice and possibly even necessary. And who among us should be telling Jim, Bob or Sally that he or she shouldn't do that because we think another gun would be better for them? For those who feel so compelled, just let it go and tend to your own affairs. At some point everyone can agree that negative input from others into our own business is just not welcome.

Hello Everyone,

As I was the original OP I asked for one last post having not been able to respond before the thread was closed. First, I appreciated everyone’s opinion.

I would like to reinforce a few points though as I fear some new shooters may come away with a few misguided impressions in regards to the .380acp as well as larger calibers.

As stated, law enforcement do not use the .380 acp as their primary weapon because they are often confronting and engaging hardened criminals. They will continue to engage them until they are either apprehended or the threat is eliminated. So of course they are going to use a higher caliber, higher capacity weapon with bullets that offer superior barrier penetration as their primary. The general public's considerations for a ccw do not fall into that category nor do they always coincide with LE or Military considerations.

Nor should anyone use paper targets or images depicting various holes by different calibers as a guide! Paper target depictions cannot tell you anything about the performance of a caliber or bullet or a weapon. If it did, then EVERY law enforcement agency and EVERY army in the world would be using the .45. The 9mm makes a hole, as depicted in the uploaded images, significantly smaller than a .45 and yet it has been the standard for LE and Military forces for many decades. It has been the standard because it outperforms the .45 in numerous important aspects. Just as a matter of fact, the .380 acp is in essence a 9mm short.

The fact is however, shot placement is the most important aspect and that is irrespective of what caliber you carry. I have shot hundreds of big game as well as small game in my lifetime and caliber had nothing to do with being successful or unsuccessful. Nor did it determine whether I dropped a white-tail where it stood or if it required tracking over very long distances. Shot placement was always the most important factor. You can view this THREAD for a good article that re-iterates some points and real life stats that was provided already within this thread. I personally do feel the .380acp to be the smallest caliber for ccw considerations. But it is a viable round that works for many people who choose to carry it. Like every pistol or caliber there are advantages and disadvantages and each person needs to consider what works best for them. And that is that.

It will not be productive to continue to debate this subject or the usefulness of guns like the Kahr CW380 or CT380. Which appear to be quality and useful guns. This is just one of those subjects though where some of us just need to agree to disagree. Let's please leave this on a cordial note. Thanks.

Now back to the family. God Bless!
    Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph III; 04-27-2020 at 05:29 AM.

me ill take the moonshine it seems berretabone is a master of nothing,a poser of everything and a supervisor to know one.the 380 is in some respects better then 9mm was back in the 70s were he stole those charts from.at 25 yards the 380 goes clean through a 2x4 so it will kill you dead.just my 2 cents.and recoil well what can you say smoother then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by miniman View Post
    me ill take the moonshine it seems berretabone is a master of nothing,a poser of everything and a supervisor to know one.the 380 is in some respects better then 9mm was back in the 70s were he stole those charts from.at 25 yards the 380 goes clean through a 2x4 so it will kill you dead.just my 2 cents.and recoil well what can you say smoother then the rest.
    Your third post on this forum and you use it to attack a member that's been here for 7 years? New to internet forums are you?

We're done here. Miniman, we're pretty tolerant of opinions and attitudes around here except when it disparages a fellow member. Play nice or travel accommodations will be arranged.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."