Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New .22 LR and have some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    No worries about a pic! Just if you had some on hand.
    Yes, that’s some story! Lucky Mom!
    Thanks. Mom said she was living alone, rented house or trailer (I don't recall, wish I knew more). She was a school teacher, first year, aged 21. Dad was in Korea. Her dad had just died of black lung. She had no phone and no car. She actually rode the school bus to work.

She said one night, she heard someone tapping on the window. Apparently the windows did not lock(!) as this house was God-only-knows how old. This was 1961. Then some guy's face was pressed against the window!

She yelled "WHO ARE YOU??" but all he said was "it's me."

She had that old Spanish copy of a Colt Police Positive, in 32.20 but no shells. I doubt it could handle a shot, even if it lined up correctly, which it doesn't. She pointed it at his face and told him she'd blow his head off.

Apparently that was enough to scare him off. THEN MOM WENT APE.

She ran out the front door, screaming how she'd kill him!

Well, that must have scared him something awful as she said no one ever bothered her again.

I asked mom a few years ago "so what would you have done if you caught him?" There was no answer nor could there be. Mom was 5'2 and petite. No shells in a gun that was broken. THANK GOD SHE DIDN'T CATCH HIM!

But her actions and that old revolver saved her from being raped and maybe killed. I have always wondered "who was that? Did he go on to harm others?"

So I want the handgun the copy was copying, a Colt Police Positive. It's obvious that's what the gun was modeled after, in 32-20.

If I knew where this happened, I'd go there, walk around the house (with permission of course). Try to find that window.

That’s crazy man! Sounds like a scary movie scene. Be careful if you find that house and look in that window...maybe a different woman with different gun will pop out at you!

Turtles... is this what you are looking for? https://www.armslist.com/posts/11273...king-condition