Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights

Thread: Kahr P9 serial number tag???

Default Kahr P9 serial number tag???

Hello All,
    I am interested in buying a Kahr P9 from an online vendor but their image doesn't show the serial number tag on the grip? Whereas other vendors show the Kahr P9 with the serial number tag on the grip just like my S9?

Did Kahr upgrade the P9 somehow and if so what are the differences? The one I am looking at which doesn't have the tag on the grip is about $50.00 lower than the P9's with the serial tag on the grip?

Thanks,
    Ralph

No real upgrade that I’m aware of. Newer Kahrs have the SN on the grip which I don’t like. If you can get one of the original type I’d get that one. It should run well being a Kahr 9mm.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Kahrs used to have the serial number tag under the frame in front of the trigger guard. I think I'd prefer it there too.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me!

God Bless,
    Ralph

I just ordered one from Gunbroker that is used and has the serial tag on it. Will pick it up in the AM and see what I've got. Will need to get it inspected and then take it out to the range.

Probably looking at the P9-2. It comes with nights sights, front serrations, accessory rail and blackened slide.

Correction, meant to say you’re looking at the original P9. Kahr now makes P9-2, serial number tag on grip and the previously mentioned features.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    No real upgrade that I’m aware of. Newer Kahrs have the SN on the grip which I don’t like. If you can get one of the original type I’d get that one. It should run well being a Kahr 9mm.
    What he said....The serial number tag on the grip to me looks like a big zit on the Prom Queens nose.....Not sure if the ATF made them do that but I hate it and wouldn’t buy one because every time I picked it up that’s all I would see.....

Serial number tag moved to accommodate accessory rail.
    https://www.kahr.com/p9-2-series-han...eid=d585dd7b59