Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pm9 ftf

Just don't overtighten the torx screw (T5 I think it is), when you put the plate back on, it's not hard to strip out.

Especially when you have to do it more than usual............................................. ..............

Quote Originally Posted by bbuck View Post
    I finally got some free time and took the side plate off and the trigger bar spring was gone. So one is on order. I take for granted the one end of the spring clips over the trigger bar and the other end rides in the grove in the frame below and parallel to the trigger bar. I hope my explanation makes sense.
    By “gone” do you mean broken?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Just don't overtighten the torx screw (T5 I think it is), when you put the plate back on, it's not hard to strip out.
    The T5 is what I took it out with. And will try not to strip it.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Especially when you have to do it more than usual............................................. ..............
    As a journeyman machinist I have dealt with some very small screws.........and sometimes tightened them more then I should!

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    By “gone” do you mean broken?
    The spring was not installed when I took the side plate off. I would assume it came off or broke at the range. And while I was fiddling with it there it may have fallen out when I took the magazine out and I didn't notice.

While you have it apart, if you noticed any "creep" in the trigger you can smooth out the underside of the trigger bar to remove that. Some of them come with burrs that will put that creep into what is normally, and should be, a buttery smooth trigger pull.