Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I may have to reconsider......Sig Sauer P365.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I may have to reconsider......Sig Sauer P365.

Saw a "Forgotten Weapons" video that had a bit on the Sig 365.....Ian was very impressed.....see I could not try the trigger pull on the Sig 365 I handled at Rural King as they have trigger locks on everything.

Hmm.....maybe if I could try the trigger pull on one I'd give it a shot.

The trigger on the P365 is really good. It's not the same as a Kahr---shorter travel, defined wall, crisp break. It's the pistol Kahr should have made 10 years ago. With the Kahr trigger, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    The trigger on the P365 is really good. It's not the same as a Kahr---shorter travel, defined wall, crisp break. It's the pistol Kahr should have made 10 years ago. With the Kahr trigger, of course.
    If that were the case, I would not own the 4 I do have. I do not, want, desire a short light crisp break. If you do that is fine, I have no problem with it. And that seems to be what the new gun culture wants now. Light crisp trigger with little take up and short resets. Heck, it seems the closer one gets to A target gun trigger the Better. Man, some guys would have loved the Trigger I did have on
    a target gun years ago when I shot competition. Heck, the wind would make it go off. It seems the folks IMO on the Pro circuits dictate what the EDC crowed now wants in a trigger. Hey, if a pro is shooting a light trigger and minimal reset that that is what they look for. .

Long, is a word I do not hear much from experienced DAO shooters. I seldom hear of them saying it has " a long trigger", To them is is just natural. They do use the word "Smooth" very often. Too them the Kahr is not a LONG trigger. I certainly do not find the Kahr trigger long and all. I find it smooth, and deliberate and controlled all the way through. Heck, go to a range now, and most are shooting small guns like target guns anyway. So maybe that is good for them. Persoanlly I do not but on a rare occasion shoot them that way, usually double taps or just rapid fire.

Both my P365's have good triggers. On carry guns I tend to give makers some slack. If the SHTF, the last thing I will be worried about is how good is my trigger.
    Kahr's are unique because of their incredibly long smooth triggers. Like MMeyers1970 said, I would love to see the Kahr's a bit shorter.
    BTW if you want a Kahr trigger in a revolver, look at a Kimber K6s. It is a thing of beauty.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'll have to try the 365 then....local gun store might get one in and they'll allow trigger pull test.

I chose to go back to the Kahr, in part, due to long trigger that mimics a double action revolver pull as I often carry one of those.

Kimber K6 looks good, but no hammer spur....I am dedicated to DA/SA revolvers for those times I have to make head shots on guys holding hostages in front of them. You just don't know how often that happens to me! LOL I know only DA for revolver is recommended by Massad Ayoob (in the same class as John Moses Browning and Jeff Cooper) but I have needed and used the single action let off where double action would have failed in the mission. In revolver, need shrouded hammer that can be cocked but not snag on pocket draw.

Thanks for the input guys.....I sometimes rethink things and make 180's on previous positions. I'm not too insecure to admit it though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    I'll have to try the 365 then....local gun store might get one in and they'll allow trigger pull test.

I chose to go back to the Kahr, in part, due to long trigger that mimics a double action revolver pull as I often carry one of those.

Kimber K6 looks good, but no hammer spur....I am dedicated to DA/SA revolvers for those times I have to make head shots on guys holding hostages in front of them. You just don't know how often that happens to me! LOL I know only DA for revolver is recommended by Massad Ayoob (in the same class as John Moses Browning and Jeff Cooper) but I have needed and used the single action let off where double action would have failed in the mission. In revolver, need shrouded hammer that can be cocked but not snag on pocket draw.

Thanks for the input guys.....I sometimes rethink things and make 180's on previous positions. I'm not too insecure to admit it though. :-)
    Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, you can get Kimbers they way you like them:
    https://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/revolver?layer&cat=480
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, you can get Kimbers they way you like them:
    https://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/revolver?layer&cat=480
    Did you get one of those yet Greg? The Kimber is one gun I play with every year at SHOT and want. I too wanted to wait for the hammer spur. I'm probably best off not being reminded of it.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    Did you get one of those yet Greg? The Kimber is one gun I play with every year at SHOT and want. I too wanted to wait for the hammer spur. I'm probably best off not being reminded of it.
    No, I haven't Al, but the 3" gun certainly has a siren call to it.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

If and a big If, I were to buy a 40 cal. I would definitely get the Ruger SR9C. Yes a little bigger, but there are some trade off's in every thing. I have the 9mm and it is a extremely MILD shooter. Easy to convert the 10 rd magazine to a 17 rd. And that 17 rd magazine makes it into a nice size duty gun. And it has great build quality. I like DAO, but this striker fired gun has a great trigger if you like light striker fired guns. AND not mention great DEAL. (at least before the Virus) around $300.00

Trigger likes/dislikes are a matter of preference as is what’s appropriate for various forms of carry. I like the Kahr trigger but I much prefer the 365 trigger and shoot the pistol more accurately and faster.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.