Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I may have to reconsider......Sig Sauer P365.

If and a big If, I were to buy a 40 cal. I would definitely get the Ruger SR9C. Yes a little bigger, but there are some trade off's in every thing. I have the 9mm and it is a extremely MILD shooter. Easy to convert the 10 rd magazine to a 17 rd. And that 17 rd magazine makes it into a nice size duty gun. And it has great build quality. I like DAO, but this striker fired gun has a great trigger if you like light striker fired guns. AND not mention great DEAL. (at least before the Virus) around $300.00

I had the Ruger SR9c and agree. It does have a pretty nice trigger and it was a pretty good shooter. Puts a LC9 to shame in the trigger and capacity department.

I owned an SR40...…………..recoil was a bit more than some of my other .40's...……………..trigger was ok, not my cup o tea……………...pretty good price if they're your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I owned an SR40...…………..recoil was a bit more than some of my other .40's...……………..trigger was ok, not my cup o tea……………...pretty good price if they're your thing.
    What other 40 or you comparing it to? I have not owned the 40 but the 9mm was so tame a child could shoot it. But it is not a Kahr trigger for sure. Very light striker fired. I got rid of my Ruger LC9S which I loved but the trigger had gone down to 4lbs of pull with hardly any wall.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    What other 40 or you comparing it to? I have not owned the 40 but the 9mm was so tame a child could shoot it. But it is not a Kahr trigger for sure. Very light striker fired. I got rid of my Ruger LC9S which I loved but the trigger had gone down to 4lbs of pull with hardly any wall.

I compared it to Beretta 96, H&K P2000SK, and also owned an SR9.

Nothing against Ruger, I own many and have sold several, and live 15 minutes from their Prescott facility, but they don't have any place in a discussion about high capacity micro compacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    Nothing against Ruger, I own many and have sold several, and live 15 minutes from their Prescott facility, but they don't have any place in a discussion about high capacity micro compacts.
    Velcro two LC9s together and you have 14+2. That’s more capacity than a 365.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    They do make one though. It's just that it's chambered in .22LR.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Speaking of trigger pull, that is the only problem I found with the Sig 365 (for me anyway) don't get me wrong, the 365 has a great crisp trigger which is exactly what you don't want in a pocket carry pistol....I feel much safer with a Kahr long pull trigger in my pocket and just practice as much as possible to stay proficient with it.....Light and crisp has it's place but so does long and smooth.....
    Last edited by getsome; 05-06-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Speaking of trigger pull, that is the only problem I found with the Sig 365 (for me anyway) don't get me wrong, the 365 has a great crisp trigger which is exactly what you don't want in a pocket carry pistol....I feel much safer with a Kahr long pull trigger in my pocket and just practice as much as possible to stay proficient with it.....Light and crisp has it's place but so does long and smooth.....
    Agreed for a pocket pistol, though not sure I was ever that comfortable bolstering any gun that didn’t have a cocked and locked option.