Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I may have to reconsider......Sig Sauer P365.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Agreed for a pocket pistol, though not sure I was ever that comfortable bolstering any gun that didn’t have a cocked and locked option.

So you only carry 1911s and CZ-75s?

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I must have missed where that was written. I take it that is your own rule book? And it had nothing to do with Rugers other than one particular gun comparison to 40 cal pistols in Miicro package or sub compact.
    My apologies, I certainly didn't mean to sound that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    My apologies, I certainly didn't mean to sound that way.
    Lol, no Problem, read it the wrong way. It does seem to me that a 40 cal would be a bit much in a Micro 9mm. The 9mm seems to have a good balance with the small gun. However I could be wrong as I have never shot a 40 in a Micro. Perhaps others can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Agreed for a pocket pistol, though not sure I was ever that comfortable bolstering any gun that didn’t have a cocked and locked option.
    So you only carry 1911s and CZ-75s?
    Can we all play? In addition to those, I've also carried these center-fire pistols cocked and locked: HK USP, HK P30L, Browning HP, SIG P210, SIG P220 SAO, Colt Mustang, Colt 1908, CZ 82, CZ P09, and Beretta 84. I no longer have two of those, but the rest see duty now and then.
    There are others out there, but I've not carried any of them (that I can remember and I'm not counting clones of those already mentioned).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I agree Greg. These days there are additional choices for those who want to carry cocked and locked. Some others are FNX45, S&W Shield EZ .380 and 9, and I believe other HKs depending on their specific configuration, such as the HK45c.

The S&W EZ models are internal hammer fired so they may look like strikers but they're not. So when you chamber a round the hammer is back and cocked. My wife has the .380 with the external safety. I'm not positive that the non-external safety model works exactly the same or if it is DAO but hers is definitely carried cocked and locked and is a SAO gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    I'd like to see something like the P365 in 40 cal, but there's probably little chance of that. I'm also hoping Kahr makes a 10mm some day. We need more 10mm options.
    I would be surprised if we see a new .40 S&W pistol from any manufacturer for a long time. Kahr's out of the .40 game, reportedly.

Hmm, could Kahr theoretically chamber one of the .45 models in 10mm?