Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bawanna's idea.

The 210 is in the bag, as usual I'm being jerked around but it is enroute. Said a couple days to arrive, been 8 now. Then have to do the paperwork and then a couple weeks in the holding cell while they determine I'm ok to own a gun for the 150th time.

I'm off to work today (worked yesterday too) to add to my keep up with Greg fund. It'll never happen of course but I do love a challenge and a good way to go ya know. Man has great taste.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congrats on the 210 Colonel!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    They look great. I'm sure they look even better in hand. And feel good too. How are they for grippiness?
    Thanks! They provide a decent grip, better than smooth would and some checkering. The left panel has a bit more texture than the right, but most of that is towards the rear and of not much benefit for a right hand shooter. The grips work real well in concert with the front strap checkering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Very nice! I think you nailed it putting them on the TLE. Stag looks good on a polished gun, but twice as good on a blue/black gun in my opinion.
    Thanks! I had stag on the TLE before, but moved them to a Colt I refinished.

Bawanna, the above is the set from Grashorn.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Thanks! They provide a decent grip, better than smooth would and some checkering. The left panel has a bit more texture than the right, but most of that is towards the rear and of not much benefit for a right hand shooter. The grips work real well in concert with the front strap checkering.
    That's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to spend a lot of money on a set Greg. Because each grip is essentially unique you can't really tell how it will fit your hand until they're on the gun. If I was serious about them and I was able to visit a maker like Bawanna and try them on my gun, that would be the ideal way to be sure.
    With a "perfect" grip that matched my hand I can't think of a better looking, custom-made grip. There's something about genuine stag grips and scales that just looks just right. And screams quality.