Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr Fan for many years new to forum

I inherited a Model 19 four inch nickel finish from my Dad when he passed away in 2014. It was made in 1979 and he bought it used in the early 80s. He said it was a police officer trade in. Really nice trigger.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

A model 19 4" stainless was the second handgun I ever owned...................another one of those wish I had it now guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Love the Kahrs, it's like shooting a square round gun. Never had a Smith&Wesson with such a sweet 6lb double action pull. Thanks for the welcome and the compliments. My Smiths that I carried on duty were the Model 19 2.5 and 4inch. For six years as a road deputy I carried a Model 29-2 4" 44 Mag loaded with an old Remington load which was a 240grain Flat Nose lead bullet at 1,000fps. This load was very manageable and was handy, especially for putting down injured game animals and livestock that had been hit by vehicles. Everyone who saw the muzzle of that 44 always remarked "that's a big gun".

Come to think of it, I wish my S&W 638's DA trigger was like my Kahr's!

Wow, you carried some iconic revolvers! Model 29......just wow. I have a 29-2, 6 inch. Sold it to a friend but bought her back last year. I want a Model 19.

Last summer I had to pepper spray and draw on a deranged attacker. The ranking officer that responded remarked "how he wished he could still carry a revolver on duty." He told me how he started out with a 6 inch barreled revolver back in the 1980's.

Welcome Zeke38 to the best gun forum anywhere! Thank you for your service....Ran across a beautiful blue S&W 586 a while back that was traded in by a very well off fellow who decided to get into 1911 pistols...He had some work done on the 586 by Gunslinger Custom Firearms in Alpheretta Ga. and I couldn't resist, it has a butter smooth trigger with a big dot front night sight...I had to own it....Love S&W revolvers!!!....My first real carry gun back in the late 70's was a nickel 2 1/2" model 19 and why in the world I ever parted with it I just don't know, young and dumb I guess, anyway welcome and am looking forward to hearing some road stories about your time on duty back in the day.....

I used to be a rental cop and my immediate supervisor carried a Smith and Wesson Model 19 he had bought from a retired deputy. I never tried the trigger pull but apparently it was good enough for him to feel well armed with its snub-nosed (factory) barrel. He shot qualifications with it every year at 25 yards and always scored in "expert" class.