Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any muzzleloader fans?

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Attachment 16693
    I shoot a LOT of BP through muzzleloaders. This is one of my favorites. Hand-Built for me by Mike Davis. 40 caliber "Southern Mountain Rifle". From a rest, she'll put 5 balls in a single hole you can cover with a quarter from 50 yds. That's with "primitive" iron sights and my very bad 70 yr old eyes.
    Oh my. Beautiful.

I never think of our South as having mountains, but they do. This would be the perfect rifle, maybe replace the hi-tech rests with sticks and a possum carcass?

Nothing to say you can't load BP in your Kahr! I think I'd try ffff first for the 9.

Still have not heard from the seller. I have emailed him twice and called him once. I will not send payment to a non-replying seller.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    I love muzzleloaders! A CVA Bobcat caplock was one of the first rifles I bought when I turned 18 and I still have it. I haven't killed anything with it but I hunted with it pretty heavily in 1998 and 2000. Now I have three TC flintlocks....including one that is in .58.

I have a caplock pistol in .36 that is really fun to shoot. I once kept it loaded for a month and it went off like a boss when I took it to the range.

Anyone?

Dang that is cool! Love that stock.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Dang that is cool! Love that stock.
    Thanks man. Well I called the seller on the Gunbroker auction (Thompson Center .45 flintlock) and he told me Gunbroker email is only received about 1/3 of the time! Wow, that explains a lot. Anyway, we chatted on the phone and he is OK with me sending a personal check since I have nearly 100 reviews. (Been on GB since 2001).

Eager to get this .45 even if I have to modify or replace the lock.

One quick Muzzleloader story. A few years back a group were partying in a very remote area and one of the guys brought out his new CVA inline muzzleloader. A thing of beauty that I knew nothing about. We all got a chance to shoot off the porch and loved the whole process.
    My wife came out to see what all the commotion was about and Gary asked if she wanted to give it a try. Up to that point in time she had only fired a .22 and her result was a dead center bullseye and she calmly set the gun down and said thanks for the lesson.
    Off in the distance were the remnants of a one time wood duck house. She took aim, fired, blew that thing to smithereens, set the gun down and said with a wry smile, said thanks for lesson #2, anything else?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Woman are almost always better shots. No stigma or ill feelings if they suck. They can play the I'm just a girl card.
    First time guys are saddled with the I'm a girly man if I can't hit the bullseye with the first shot. Much more pressure.
    I know this to be true, had that same first time pressure for 50 years.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Woman are almost always better shots. No stigma or ill feelings if they suck. They can play the I'm just a girl card.
    First time guys are saddled with the I'm a girly man if I can't hit the bullseye with the first shot. Much more pressure.
    I know this to be true, had that same first time pressure for 50 years.

I have taught several friends how to shoot, about equal numbers of men and women. I also taught ski lessons for years and have had over 5000 ski students, most first timers.

Women tend to listen better than men, do not have a weak ego to stroke, and are more patient. All of those make for a better student.

My own GF is a great shot, her group with an air rifle was tighter than mine by a hair. I adjusted my aim each shot trying for the bullseye (which I found) but her group was tighter. Eager to see how she does when I get her over here and put some powder in her hands.

Finally! Found a Thompson Center Silver Elite.......gorgeous stock. Seller isn't too far away, about a two hour drive, I'll go pay in person then visit a friend that lives nearby.

I've got an 1858 Remington New Army coming. Does that count?

Works for me as long as you post some pictures when it arrives. Otherwise no deal.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."