CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: I'm not sure that Kahr cares very much about their small 380s

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    boscobarbell -

    Your RM380 looks really nice with that finish and grip!

    I’m not sure that Remington will survive so at some point it may make sense to stock up on spare parts in case something breaks.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I have an RM380.

    The good:
    100% flawless through 850 rounds
    Cycles all ammo
    Slide is super easy to rack


    The bad:
    Trigger is longer and heavier than CT380
    A little blocky for pocket carry
    Slide finish is poor
    Frame shows a lot of wear

    Overall I like the RM380. I immediately put the Galloway spring kit in which lightened the pull. This post has reminded me that I also recently put the Galloway short stroke trigger in it but have never range tested that.

    Here’s a pic of the frame wear:
    David, how many rounds do you estimate that you have fired through yours? What kind of Warranty does Remington give?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    David, how many rounds do you estimate that you have fired through yours? What kind of Warranty does Remington give?
    That picture was taken after 875 rounds (I keep track and just checked my notes).

    I’m not sure about the warranty. I recall someone on the Remington forum sending pics of their wear to Remington and Remington said it was normal.

    My pics are a little fuzzy. I can take better ones if you’d like me to.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    That picture was taken after 875 rounds (I keep track and just checked my notes).

    I’m not sure about the warranty. I recall someone on the Remington forum sending pics of their wear to Remington and Remington said it was normal.

    My pics are a little fuzzy. I can take better ones if you’d like me to.

    Thanks for the pic. That one is fine. It does look like it has taken a beating. I would always advocate anyone owning a LCP to constantly check the gun for cracks etc. Most especially at around the 1500 rd mark. I also believe that small 380's should have steel chassis, or steel inserts. The LCP for instance should have never been a 380, but would have been a nice firearm in 32.cal. It would seem or seems like the 32.cal is becoming more popular recently. Ruger came out with the 22.cal, which was great (forgoing the crazy trigger), but IMO they would have done well to make the gun in 32. Just a thought.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    The RM has an alloy frame yet weighs less than 2 ounces more than the LCPII. Yes the RM has what I consider a proper trigger for a backup 380, long yet light and smooooooth. My RMs trigger has settled in at 6 pounds and is as nice as a Kahr trigger, just longer because it's hammer fired. My LCPII's trigger has settled in at 5-1/2 pounds with some creep. It's recoil impulse is harsh like that of a blow-back design. The RM, though negligibly larger, shoots like a pussycat by comparison and is much more accurate despite the long trigger pull. Both are equally reliable and have been 100% through more than 1000 rounds.
    Please,
    I need to know your secret as how to get a 10 lb. trigger to settle in at 6 lbs...………………………...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Thanks for the pic. That one is fine. It does look like it has taken a beating. I would always advocate anyone owning a LCP to constantly check the gun for cracks etc. Most especially at around the 1500 rd mark. I also believe that small 380's should have steel chassis, or steel inserts. The LCP for instance should have never been a 380, but would have been a nice firearm in 32.cal. It would seem or seems like the 32.cal is becoming more popular recently. Ruger came out with the 22.cal, which was great (forgoing the crazy trigger), but IMO they would have done well to make the gun in 32. Just a thought.
    I had some peening/wear after the first 300 rounds or so, but it seemed to settle down and never progressed much. Now that it is hard chromed, I don't expect that to be an issue any more (fingers crossed).

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Please,
    I need to know your secret as how to get a 10 lb. trigger to settle in at 6 lbs...………………………...
    Well, I don't have gauge, so for me this is an inexact science. But the combination of the Galloway springs and LOTS of dry firing has really helped my trigger. I don't know if it is down to 6 pounds, but it is certainly much lighter than 10, and incredibly smooth.

    I just checked the mcarbo page for their spring package, and they advertise an even lighter pull. https://www.mcarbo.com/remington-rm3...pring-kit.aspx

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Please,
    I need to know your secret as how to get a 10 lb. trigger to settle in at 6 lbs...………………………...
    I keep no secrets. You can read my trigger thread on the Remington forum HERE.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    I keep no secrets. You can read my trigger thread on the Remington forum HERE.
    Re-reading that thread reminded me that I also installed the Galloway seat.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Speaking of RM380 pistols, I lucked on to a great deal for this new one at CDNN several months ago for $199.99.It included five magazines. Have not shot it yet, but fit & finish are very good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop