Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I'm not sure that Kahr cares very much about their small 380s

I just checked the P380 slide locks. They do show the the same ring on the surface of the lever as the PM9, but they do not rotate on the pins like the PM9. It may be the finish on the pin keeping it from spinning. Probably the same reason the pins did not spin in the frames when I got them. The PM9 is bare stainless.

I’ve got a P9 with the black DLC finish. The slide lock is the two piece design and the lever rotates on the pin. Maybe yours is just a little tight and you need to oil it with a thin gun oil and work it around a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure if there's any set plan for those pins. Some are the two piece and rotate, some or one piece and don't.
    Not sure it's model specific.

I always lube mine a bit either style, it moves so it should have oil or grease.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I believe the premium series (P and T) have the two piece slide lock. The value series (C) has the one piece slide lock.

The Kahr website shows this if you look at the various models. That’s also been my experience based on the P and C series pistols I’ve owned.

I always thought this was commonly known as one of the extra features of the premium series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    No, my slide lock does not slide around the pin. I did not pick up on that fact when I did the prep work. My PM9 has the slide lock that you describe, but the P380s are like my CW380. I think there is some BS going on with these "sale" guns that we don't know about. Someone else posted early on on this post that they had the same problem that I did.
    That would be me. After taking a close look at mine, I believe you're right about BS "sale" guns. Looking closely you can see where the two pieces are pinned. A pin wouldn't be necessary if they weren't designed to rotate freely, a press fit would have been cheaper to manufacture. I don't have an issue with the way mine is, but out of curiosity I think I'll give Kahr a call and ask what's going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your saying your pin doesn't rotate? That cross pin is what retains the main pin. It should spin but again it doesn't really need to.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your saying your pin doesn't rotate? That cross pin is what retains the main pin. It should spin but again it doesn't really need to.
    Yep, well said Colonel.

I'm of a mind that the construction of the three piece stops makes it probable that the pin could spin, but that the main intent was to securely fasten the MIM lever to the proprietary steel pin. It's not necessary that the lever move independently of the pin for the stop to function properly. That some pins spin and other don't are most likely due to some nuance in the manufacture of each individual stop. It doesn't mean one or the other is defective. I dare say any of the three piece stops could be "worked" so that their pin spins. Likewise, weeping some Loctite into the union of the pin and lever would stop the pin from spinning.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>