Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful HK, but then it hits me...

Niiiice case hardening in my opinion. I would LOVE to have a 1911 frame done that way, with a royal blue slide.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Niiiice case hardening in my opinion. I would LOVE to have a 1911 frame done that way, with a royal blue slide.
    Mine has the full monty:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Is that a Turnbull? I probably would have dropped mine in the BBQ under the burgers and let the drippings add some bling.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Is that a Turnbull? I probably would have dropped mine in the BBQ under the burgers and let the drippings add some bling.
    No, it's a model that Auto-Ordnance offers (1911GCH). Tyler Gun Works does the coloring for them.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Forgive me lord but that gun makes my britches stick out in front. Stag and case hardening.........a half man can only take so much.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I must be the only one who never warmed up to the P7. I have shot a few and did not like the squeeze cocker and found the gas operating system a pain to maintain and with today's wide assortment of dirty ammo it would require regular cleaning. There area lot of small guns I would pick over that one but as I said, I am alone in my thoughts.
    Last edited by 340pd; 05-01-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Years ago when I was in the foreign service (Diplomatic Security), we all trained in S&W revolvers at the academy. B\ut once we got close to Special Agent accreditation, we were allowed to qualify in whatever pistol (of suitable caliber) that we wanted to carry overseas, with the caveat that we had to purchase/acquire that pistol ourselves. That part of training was a blast, because in a class of 48 trainees we had dozens of different types of weapons. We were encouraged to swap off with one another for cross-familiarization, and it was when I first got a chance to try out a 1911, a Browning Hi-Power, and a few others.

I had purchased a Glock 17, the only one in the class (in 1987) and everyone wanted to try out the new-fangled Tupperware gun. One of the guys interested in giving it a go came over and handed me his P7 (which I had never seen before). Damn...love at first sight. I loved how it looked, and liked how it shot even better. Sadly, I couldn't afford to buy one then, and still to this day can't seem to convince myself to fork over that much money for one.

But a man can dream.....

That’s a very cool looking P7! I have some grips like that.

That's some mighty pretty wood on those. Never seen a stainless P7, I like that too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."