Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS guy kinda annoyed me today

Default UPS guy kinda annoyed me today

Left my delivery package in plain sight of the street and didn’t ring the doorbell even though our front door was open and the glass storm door would told him we were at home.
    200 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 9mm +p 124 Grain SD ammo. $190 plus shipping & tax.

A porch pirate could have struck gold with that heist.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Armybrat; 04-30-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

It's the new normal, nobody rings the bell anymore they just dump your package, even food on the porch and take off... Crazy times these days......Really 200 rounds of Gold Dots, quite a score, by the way brat, what is your address anyway?

The delivery folks here are working their butts off, but are still pretty good about ringing the doorbell. We also have a Ring video doorbell and, most effectively, dogs. They alert to every thing...well almost. The Ontrac bubbas most often deliver after dusk, never ring the bell, leave their packages by the gate, and must creep up like ninja to do that. The dogs sometimes don't alert on them till they are driving off.... makes me wonder if they are doing dead stick approaches.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The delivery folks here are working their butts off, but are still pretty good about ringing the doorbell. We also have a Ring video doorbell and, most effectively, dogs. They alert to every thing...well almost. The Ontrac bubbas most often deliver after dusk, never ring the bell, leave their packages by the gate, and must creep up like ninja to do that. The dogs sometimes don't alert on them till they are driving off.... makes me wonder if they are doing dead stick approaches.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Nice ammo order. I ordered 1000 rounds of exactly that just before the 2016 election, fearing a Clinton win. It stovepipes my Kahr P9 Covert though......haven't tested it in the K9.

"Dead stick..." haven't heard that term for a while.

Dad is home most of the time now and I stopped getting packages at my own house after my mail was stolen out of my box in 2014. If a C&R has to come to my address, I have the hub hold it for me and I go there or meet the truck someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    .....Really 200 rounds of Gold Dots, quite a score, by the way brat, what is your address anyway?
    Thats the question I was going to ask.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

We don't need a doorbell, we have dogs that bark at everything. We know it's a delivery when they bark louder.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I wasn’t going to order any ammo during this latest panic buying fiasco, but saw this stuff in stock at about the same price I paid almost 10 years ago. Gonna see if it runs through my CW9 and one of the Ruger SR9s I just bought last fall.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I have no problem with them leaving it on the porch. I have ammo coming in on a regular basis. Much better to leave it on the porch than on the truck. They ring the door bell, but I have been guilty of just not hearing it. I have a few friends that work as drivers and Fed Ex. Man, that is NOT a easy job. And customers will complain just about anything. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

One of my sons did Amazon delivery as a sideline for a while, so I’m aware of the cons of the job.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I have found if you copy the tracking number and go to the respective site, UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex and they will give you some notification options as to day of delivery and package delivered either by text message or e-mail, you will eliminate your problem as usually they are required to note every drop the minute is is delivered and that triggers a message back to the recipient.
    I have set up an account with all three major shippers and I am notified the day it is to be delivered and the minute something is at my door.
    "Never pet a burning dog"