Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring has officially arrived!

Default Spring has officially arrived!

Keep in mind, we live in the Colorado mountains at an elevation of 9100 feet. Two days ago the first REAL sign of Spring popped up out of the ground. The next day I found three more, one not more than three feet from the first one, and today another showed up. I am talking about the annual flower called the crocus. I have always looked forward to them every Spring as they were the true sign that winter was over. We will still get more snow until the end of May (normally) but the days are getting longer and warmer. Now, if I can only get the time to squeeze some fishing in I'll be all set.

You live in the lower elevations, eh?
    My nephew recently built a nice vacation place near Leadville at slightly over 10,000’.
    He discovered that if he exerts himself a little bit he can suffer from altitude “sickness”, so he bought an oxygen concetrator to help him sleep through the nights.
    The gorgeous view from his back deck...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Now we're talking, that's a view. Leadville? Is that Texas, you got mountains that big in Texas. Yeah, yeah, I know, everything is big in Texas...................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Lucky. My winter started about Dec 28 and ended Dec 30. I’ve mowed grass (or weeds) since Feb. I need to move I think.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    You live in the lower elevations, eh?
    My nephew recently built a nice vacation place near Leadville at slightly over 10,000’.
    He discovered that if he exerts himself a little bit he can suffer from altitude “sickness”, so he bought an oxygen concetrator to help him sleep through the nights.
    The gorgeous view from his back deck...
    Holly Moses! what? did he die and go to heaven? That is beautiful!
    Yep, in the South where I live we did not have a winter this year. It was miserable. Actually spring is cooler. Pretty soon we will have HOT HUMID weather that is unbearable. I need to move!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Now we're talking, that's a view. Leadville? Is that Texas, you got mountains that big in Texas. Yeah, yeah, I know, everything is big in Texas...................
    Nah, Leadville, Colorado is about a 2 hour drive from Denver.
    Nephew has yet to invite his poor uncle to visit there.If he does, I’ll have to fight him for that oxygen machine.

Back of the house while still under construction.
    -Rudyard Kipling

We had trips planned to SW Colorado for August and December, but I don't think we'll be leaving for anywhere until next year... pending on a working vaccine for this crap we're sitting through now.

My wife's folks live east of Durango at 7,150 feet or so. Her stepdad's 80th BD is in August and everyone was going to be there. He wanted a camping-out-weekend get-together... not my favorite time of the year... gets HOT... plus bugs, and it's too hot to sleep in the van without leaving the engine and A/C on... tents suck when it's hot!

Her mom is 86 and they both have high-risk problems, so it's bad for them just staying isolated. My wife's sister is a Certified Nursing Assistant... works at an elderly nursing home, and tries to check on her parents a few times a week. They do have a motorhome, so they would have more comforts than we... for "camping out".
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Here we are getting ready for spring cleanup....
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

We’ve had a lot of hot weather in West Palm Beach already this year but a cool front pushed through this afternoon. It will be 57 in the morning. 57 on May 1st is quite a treat.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Here we are getting ready for spring cleanup....
    Detoilet resident?

Prayers sent.
    -Rudyard Kipling