Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K9 compensated barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default K9 compensated barrel

I see on the Kahr web site that they offer a "compensated" barrel for the K9. If anyone has any experience with this barrel I'd love to hear what they like or dislike. Wonder too if the barrel has polygonal rifling? Length?

I'm not sure I'd need one but this stimulus is burning a hole in my pocket. Also, can't think of any other industry I rather stimulate.

I think Wynn has one of those, pretty sure he did anyhow, hopefully he'll be along.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I think Wynn has one of those, pretty sure he did anyhow, hopefully he'll be along.
    I searched and found multiple discussions re. Kahr's ported barrel. Nothing so compelling that would make me think I need one, darn it. I really appreciated Wynn's freeze frame photos of his comped Kahr. I was amazed at the photo showing his pistol in AB.

I was amused at one posters suggestion that the comped barrel would make a dandy bottle opener.

I'll move on to some threads and photos on wood grips. I can be stimulated by that, too.

Dave

PS new K9 now at 350 and counting. I ran it up to 350 from 250 without cleaning just to see. Had one failure to feed around, probably, round 340 or so. Can't blame the pistol, shooting pretty grubby Bullseye powder reloads. I love this pistol.

I read a post on here about those, apparently the owner was very happy with muzzle rise reduction. I have considered such a barrel but I am a bit worried it might be damaged hanging out beyond the slide. Still a Luger or P38 barrel really "sticks out" and those did fine in the world wars and many conflicts beyond.

I would have to get custom-made holsters though as the barrel would go bast the bottom of the holster.

Got one last year. Not a big difference with recoil but wasn't too thrilled with accuracy. At 7 yards I was shooting 2 feet below POA. To correct this I think an adjustable rear sight is required because

the sight radius has changed. Would like to hear if somebody has a different idea or maybe point me where to find one. Thanks.

IMG_5601.jpgAttachment 16717IMG_5610.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eligius View Post
    Got one last year. Not a big difference with recoil but wasn't too thrilled with accuracy. At 7 yards I was shooting 2 feet below POA. To correct this I think an adjustable rear sight is required because

the sight radius has changed. Would like to hear if somebody has a different idea or maybe point me where to find one. Thanks.

IMG_5601.jpgAttachment 16717IMG_5610.jpg
    Good looking wood grips! Thank you for the heads-up on the poa issue with the ported barrel. Two feet below center of mass would instantly make the bad guy a soprano.

Thanks for the review! That settles it, I won't be getting one of these barrels!

I don't see any reason the sight radius would be changed, the slide is the same. Apparently sights just aren't regulated for that barrel or it's defective. Would make a dandy bottle opener.

I had my K40 Magna Ported, I prefer that look over the barrel sticking out the front. If it stuck out to accept a suppressor, might be able to live with it. Course I'd never spend the money or jump through the hoops to get a can.

Years ago we recovered a MK9 that fell off a deputies belt while he was out crabbing in puget sound. He had a GPS and marked where he was at. Out dept had a couple divers and they went out and found it in no time, still in it's clip on holster. Went from the salt water right into a bucket of outdrive oil. Cleaned it all up and thought just to be safe we'd send it to Kahr with the full disclosure for inspection. They replaced all the springs and small parts, came back in a new box with a couple new mags looking like new. (No Charge).

The deputy felt so stupid that he didn't want the gun back, it became a pass around gun for awhile until a detective laid claim to it, most all the grips I've made for MK were with that gun.
    Anyhow nobody cared for it as they said it wasn't accurate. 4 or 5 guys shot it over a period of time and said it just didn't hit. So I ended up with it, took it out to a place in the woods we used to be able to shoot at and hung a paper plate.
    Started at about 7 yards and I could not hit the plate, moved to 5 then up to about 3 yards.
    I finally just winged an edge and thought, oh the sights are just off. So I held to allow and no hits. Then I hit just the edge of the opposite side of the plate.
    Long story short, the salt water had apparently corroded or defiled the polygonal rifling. It was all over the place. I got hold of Kahr again with full disclosure and they sent me a barrel. Thing was an absolute tack driver, then everybody wanted it.

The end.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't see any reason the sight radius would be changed, the slide is the same. Apparently sights just aren't regulated for that barrel or it's defective. Would make a dandy bottle opener.

I had my K40 Magna Ported, I prefer that look over the barrel sticking out the front. If it stuck out to accept a suppressor, might be able to live with it. Course I'd never spend the money or jump through the hoops to get a can.

Years ago we recovered a MK9 that fell off a deputies belt while he was out crabbing in puget sound. He had a GPS and marked where he was at. Out dept had a couple divers and they went out and found it in no time, still in it's clip on holster. Went from the salt water right into a bucket of outdrive oil. Cleaned it all up and thought just to be safe we'd send it to Kahr with the full disclosure for inspection. They replaced all the springs and small parts, came back in a new box with a couple new mags looking like new. (No Charge).

The deputy felt so stupid that he didn't want the gun back, it became a pass around gun for awhile until a detective laid claim to it, most all the grips I've made for MK were with that gun.
    Anyhow nobody cared for it as they said it wasn't accurate. 4 or 5 guys shot it over a period of time and said it just didn't hit. So I ended up with it, took it out to a place in the woods we used to be able to shoot at and hung a paper plate.
    Started at about 7 yards and I could not hit the plate, moved to 5 then up to about 3 yards.
    I finally just winged an edge and thought, oh the sights are just off. So I held to allow and no hits. Then I hit just the edge of the opposite side of the plate.
    Long story short, the salt water had apparently corroded or defiled the polygonal rifling. It was all over the place. I got hold of Kahr again with full disclosure and they sent me a barrel. Thing was an absolute tack driver, then everybody wanted it.

The end.
    Cool story Bawanna,thanks for sharing that!

Got it on sale before Christmas for something like $79. Maybe the barrel is bad? The original one is dead on. So far not a big loss, just satisfied my curiosity. Or maybe should I contact Kahr's service????