Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That sucks: magazine follower broke apart.

What was your first pistol? A Hi Point?

I think I spent like $70.00 all told....

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post

That's pretty funny!

Thanks man....I was going for some humor there.

Well the Lakeline followers came today so I'll try and get those into my 8 round mags in a few minutes.

Lakeline followers now in and seem to be working just fine.

BIG THANKS TO THE MEMBER WHO SUGGESTED THOSE!

Whether rich or poor, I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves and their family. Hi Point firearms fill a niche, and no, they don't have a model called "elite".

My first gun was a Ruger .357 Blackhawk. I was a little off with price comparisons. I paid $87.50 at PEM's in 1963, but he did throw in a box of 158gr Winchester Lubaloy's. And no, I don't want to trade my Ruger for your magazine repair parts.

Oh gosh man, no explanation needed! I was only joking with you there since it seemed like such a perfect comeback. Also, you didn't initially specify the year (1963) when the US dollar went quite a bit further.

Hi Points certainly fill a void and that's why the company continues to be a success. Me not carrying one isn't because of the price, just the design.

For a time I was crazy about the FEG copies of the PPK, which in the mid 1990's were running less than $100.00 and I would certainly have carried that.

My first handgun was an Astra .357 snubbie…………...……..what a fool I was, and not because of what I paid...…………...…...Paid $200 for it and got of all things, a box of 158 gr. Nyclad's with it. Went and shot it and took it back the next day and sold it back to him for $200. I even paid him for the ammo and told him that I appreciated what he had done for me. I thought the thing was going to fall apart in my hand...…………..I didn't know about the adjustments that you could make with the gun, but it didn't matter. It was a handful back then. I didn't feel that there was going to be any longevity with the firearm. Not to count the fact that you couldn't hit the side of a barn with it, but you could certainly throw it. Hi Point's do fill a niche, but most of us know what that niche is...……...……...………………...…………………...………...…...

I used to be a skydiver and after one day of jumping several parachutists and the company owner went out to eat. The subject of CCW came up. The company owner said he owned a Hi Point and that was his only handgun. No one said anything!

I thought "well, self defense and firearms aren't high on his list."

I once met a doctor that pulled up to the range in the latest luxury car. He proceeded to have several malfunctions with some pot-metal .25 ACP. For some, firearms aren't the most important thing they own.

The local indoor gun range owners got their start in the pawn business. The lady said she "stopped stocking Hi Points because only gang bangers bought those." She added that "every 1911 she got sold as those stay in demand."

I think I may have you all beat on cheap new guns. Bought a brand new chrome plated Raven 25 for $39.95 back in the eighties. Say what you want I don't recall it ever having a malfunction. Later I upped my 25 acp game by scoring the somewhat rare Beretta Model 20. I have not fired a 25 acp in over 25 years. Maybe I'll have to dig them out of the safe and give them a work out. Pretty gutless for defense but I enjoyed plinking pop cans with them in my younger years.

I used to be a skydiver and after one day of jumping several parachutists and the company owner went out to eat. The subject of CCW came up. The company owner said he owned a Hi Point and that was his only handgun. No one said anything!

I thought "well, self defense and firearms aren't high on his list."

I once met a doctor that pulled up to the range in the latest luxury car. He proceeded to have several malfunctions with some pot-metal .25 ACP. For some, firearms aren't the most important thing they own.

The local indoor gun range owners got their start in the pawn business. The lady said she "stopped stocking Hi Points because only gang bangers bought those." She added that "every 1911 she got sold as those stay in demand."
    '600,000 guns are stolen every year in the US – that's one every minute", the lady said. She added that gangbangers steal Kahrs, elite gangbangers steal Kahr Elites.