Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Another SGAmmo newsletter on virus impact.

Default Another SGAmmo newsletter on virus impact.

Ugh...I wish I had begun testing sooner in 2019 and gotten more ammo then!

As mentioned in my recent newsletters a lot has changed in the ammo business over the past few months as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. This has wiped out supply stockpiles and driven prices up substantially from the 12 year bottom they hit in 2019 and early 2020. This new level of demand has lead most factories to raise prices, eliminate 'special deals' and allocate stock in very limited amounts. Many European factories shut down or greatly reduced capacity. Here in the USA many factories have also reworked their process in attempt to protect their staff from COVID19 which has reduced their capacity substantially, so in general less ammo is being made today. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were 2 months ago, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse. We thank you for your support of our family owned and operated business and will do our best to serve our clients well in these strange times, so please stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog at www.SGAmmo.com

I've got about a years worth or more so I won't be looking for six months. Let the supply system work through the dry spell.

Same here.....I have enough 9mm ammo to do a great deal of testing for my K9 and P9 plus decent amounts of PPU to practice in my .38.

25,000 primers, 400+ pounds of lead, 30+ pounds of powder, and 3,000+ JHP bullets between 32, 380, 9, 40, 38, 44, 45. Also 8,000+ rounds of CCI 22LR.

I'm set so let the Covidiots have all the factory ammo they can carry.

I read you! Impressive numbers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    25,000 primers, 400+ pounds of lead, 30+ pounds of powder, and 3,000+ JHP bullets between 32, 380, 9, 40, 38, 44, 45. Also 8,000+ rounds of CCI 22LR.

I'm set so let the Covidiots have all the factory ammo they can carry.

That is THE way!

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!