Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May... May we get out of the house?

Default May... May we get out of the house?

May we get out?

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Jeff Foxworthy

If your first instinct was to check your pockets for a quarter, you might be a redneck

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

-Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    That is CNN is great. LMAO

PS at some of the grocery stores they just made a new policy that they would not be using the smaller carts any longer. Too many not returned.

Ugh....the lazy shopping cart user! As a rule, I bring my cart back into the store or at least the outside holding area. Generally, when going in, I bring in at least one cart, even if I have to get it from a holding area. Sometimes I bring in all the carts after I am done shopping. This has won me some extra privileges and sway at the local grocery store.

Once, at Walmart, about 2000, I was pulling in and a lady was putting exercise equipment she had just bought into her SUV. It was clear she was going to leave her cart next to her car and leave. I stopped, called to her, and asked her what she had bought.

She said, "exercise equipment." ME: "that's great! Do you plan to get into shape?" HER: "Yes I do!" ME: "Get into shape? How about you start by putting your cart where it goes?" HER: angry cursing. ME: "I think you are too lazy." I then drove off.

-Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Ugh....the lazy shopping cart user! As a rule, I bring my cart back into the store or at least the outside holding area. Generally, when going in, I bring in at least one cart, even if I have to get it from a holding area. Sometimes I bring in all the carts after I am done shopping. This has won me some extra privileges and sway at the local grocery store.

Once, at Walmart, about 2000, I was pulling in and a lady was putting exercise equipment she had just bought into her SUV. It was clear she was going to leave her cart next to her car and leave. I stopped, called to her, and asked her what she had bought.

She said, "exercise equipment." ME: "that's great! Do you plan to get into shape?" HER: "Yes I do!" ME: "Get into shape? How about you start by putting your cart where it goes?" HER: angry cursing. ME: "I think you are too lazy." I then drove off.
    While your feelings and actions could be considered noteworthy, in my neighborhood, and city, an interjection with a stranger at that level could induce a bullet or bullets released in your general direction, most likely from a Glock, Highpoint, or some revolver that barely holds together. In my city, people LIVE in shopping carts. They take them home on occasion to use as storage bins. Whenever I see cart abuse(lol) I really would love to say something or read them a shortened version of the riot act, but then my street sense takes over and tells me to keep my mouth closed. Back in the day, when I was a plain clothes store detective, we had cart issues all of the time but you could say things without the worry of being shot at, or having them return with all of their family members. Personally, I like to have a full cart so I can get it going in the lot and hop up on it for the free ride. Can still do it at my age. People in the area take them home full from the liquor store on Friday and return them on Monday. Plus, if everyone returned their cart, what would the cart person do??????? I still think that it's a great job. Wish I would have done it when a youngster. Gravy...…………………..

@brettabone I'm sure glad I don't live in your part of Wi. In my little town on the boarder of the UP of Mi things are much more civilided. It seems the less people there are the more civilized things get.