Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What color do you like your Kahrs and other weapons?

Default What color do you like your Kahrs and other weapons?

Generally I like the two-tone effect of one color slide vs. different color frame---like the "Practical" Browning Hi Powers or silver slide/black polymer frame of the Kahr P series.

However, here lately (last few years) I've wanted an all-black Kahr so the vintage K9 I bought is all black.

What about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Generally I like the two-tone effect of one color slide vs. different color frame---like the "Practical" Browning Hi Powers or silver slide/black polymer frame of the Kahr P series.

However, here lately (last few years) I've wanted an all-black Kahr so the vintage K9 I bought is all black.

What about you guys?
    Henry Ford said it best, any color as long as it is black.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I think I like ThatGuy and agree 100% nothing beats a pretty blue or black pistol especially for CCW....I do like and appreciate stainless guns and bought my Smith & Wesson 4505 because Sonny Crockett carried one in Miami Vice and it was a very sexy pistol but in reality it's an antique and weighs a ton but it still sure is pretty...My CCW is a black DLC PM9 that shoots and carries great and I was able to talk my local gun shop into a magazine trade for a black base plate mag from a "Thin Blue Line" PM9 he had for sale forever for a 7 round mag I never used and now she looks perfect all blacked out...Kahr really should offer the black mags as a special order item because they look so much better than the stainless mags do on all Kahrs...Anyway welcome to Kahrtalk ThatGuy, glad you found us...Do you shoot Kahrs? If so what flavor and if not that's ok we just enjoy talking about shooting and fine guns....Good folks and talk here, come back anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I think I like ThatGuy and agree 100% nothing beats a pretty blue or black pistol especially for CCW....I do like and appreciate stainless guns and bought my Smith & Wesson 4505 because Sonny Crockett carried one in Miami Vice and it was a very sexy pistol but in reality it's an antique and weighs a ton but it still sure is pretty...My CCW is a black DLC PM9 that shoots and carries great and I was able to talk my local gun shop into a magazine trade for a black base plate mag from a "Thin Blue Line" PM9 he had for sale forever for a 7 round mag I never used and now she looks perfect all blacked out...Kahr really should offer the black mags as a special order item because they look so much better than the stainless mags do on all Kahrs...Anyway welcome to Kahrtalk ThatGuy, glad you found us...Do you shoot Kahrs? If so what flavor and if not that's ok we just enjoy talking about shooting and fine guns....Good folks and talk here, come back anytime!
    My new K9 is black, mainly because it was $100 cheaper than SS on Bud's at the time. (Has anyone figured out how these things get priced?). I like the utilitarian black, certainly not the Colt deep blue that you can look into for a mile. It's fun to imagine that, though. I think the rubber grips are wonderful, but wonder how my favorite new gun would be like with wood grips. They're a little pricey, I think, to try out and find I don't like them. For about the same money I can buy 500+ 125gr Zero HP's. I would appreciate anyone who might have some before and after photos of their black Kahr fitted out with wood grips, and their opinion of same. Checkered or smooth.

There was a time when I swore I would never own a nickle gun. Reminded me of the Roy Rogers cap gun I had a long time ago. Then a nickle Mod 19 Smith came into my like. Love at first sight. Could not stop polishing, fondleing and fitting new stocks on her to make her more beautiful. Shot pretty well, too. After the Smith came a bright stainless Vaccaro. I think I Flitzed away an ounce of metal to make it glisten.

Depends on what color shoes I'm wearing that day.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I've owned a 2 tone "practical" in the past. Nice looking/shooting firearm...…………………..had a couple of 2 tone B 92's and 96's. I like stainless the best, especially in revolvers, but that older Colt blue that looks like your staring in to the Grand Canyon is hard to beat. Unless it's a "purple" Ruger revolver. Another beautiful color and finish. I've never been in to the "colored guns" much, but have seen a few color combos that look real nice......…………...….

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Solid black. If you're ever robbed, pulling out a black gun could possibly save your life. Any type of metal or reflective finish and the bad guy will shoot as soon as he see's it. Black looks more like a wallet as you present your gun and could cause him/her to hesitate just long enough for you to get in a headshot.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Solid black. If you're ever robbed, pulling out a black gun could possibly save your life. Any type of metal or reflective finish and the bad guy will shoot as soon as he see's it. Black looks more like a wallet as you present your gun and could cause him/her to hesitate just long enough for you to get in a headshot.
    That's interesting. Massad Ayoob, I think in his book In The Gravest Extreme, wrote that silver guns "looked bigger" and apparently might have some kind of intimidating effect. I will never be able to find this out as the attackers are not people I ever hope to speak with again, but when I was assaulted last summer and forced to draw, the other two attackers seemed to notice the firearm right off, even though I did not have the need to raise it into firing position. The weapon I was carrying that day was my silver revolver. (Alloy frame, with stainless cylinder and barrel).

*At that moment, the main antagonist was probably blinded by pepper spray and I doubt he saw the firearm.

Blued steel and wood, whether a long arm or side arm. Not to say that is all the firearms I have own before the avalanche wiped out all of them.

What a crock...............................it doesn't matter what color your firearm is....................it all happens so fast, you won't notice whether it's pink, flouresent green, etc. Unless your pulling it out of your back pocket, believe me they will notice no matter the color.