CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: The honeymoon is over.

Default The honeymoon is over.

I picked up my new Kahr K9 early in March this year. Since then I put 380 rounds down range. It was basically all I took to the range for this period of time. I was amoured with this pistol. I knew we would spend the rest of our lives together. But then, on a whim, I left her at home and took an old flame with me to spend an afternoon in the fresh air and sunshine. I had forgotton how good I felt when my Dan Wesson Heritage was with me. The Heritage didn't hold a grudge, picking up where we left off on those cold blustery days in April. It was a sad moment when the ammo bag went empty and we went home.

The K9 won't go in the safe, not yet anyway. I don't expect to double this round count anytime soon, maybe yet this year or next. I thought the new K9 was the grail of my modest collection but not to be. My plans for new stock adornment and hours searching for just that perfect load were dashed. All this attention is now back on the Heritage, where it truly belongs. bff.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    I picked up my new Kahr K9 early in March this year. Since then I put 380 rounds down range. It was basically all I took to the range for this period of time. I was amoured with this pistol. I knew we would spend the rest of our lives together. But then, on a whim, I left her at home and took an old flame with me to spend an afternoon in the fresh air and sunshine. I had forgotton how good I felt when my Dan Wesson Heritage was with me. The Heritage didn't hold a grudge, picking up where we left off on those cold blustery days in April. It was a sad moment when the ammo bag went empty and we went home.

The K9 won't go in the safe, not yet anyway. I don't expect to double this round count anytime soon, maybe yet this year or next. I thought the new K9 was the grail of my modest collection but not to be. My plans for new stock adornment and hours searching for just that perfect load were dashed. All this attention is now back on the Heritage, where it truly belongs. bff.
    And this folks, is why men were made to swing. LOL

I try to share the love with my PM45 and other Kahrs but my heart truly belongs to my CBob. My other 1911's fight for carry time and get it frequently too. Plenty of love for all of them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Tomorrow will hopefully be the day when my Cbob arrives at my LGS. If so I'll at least be able to go in and fondle it for a few minutes before the wait on the background check gets under way. But it's nothing new really, I fondle all of them the first time I get my hands on them, regardless of what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Tomorrow will hopefully be the day when my Cbob arrives at my LGS. If so I'll at least be able to go in and fondle it for a few minutes before the wait on the background check gets under way. But it's nothing new really, I fondle all of them the first time I get my hands on them, regardless of what they are.
    I enjoy the fondling too.....right as the lockdowns started I was preparing to test some target 9mm in my two 9mm Kahrs and some 115 grain (non +P) Critical Defense. That's on hold now.

So sad to see my black beauty K9 sequestered in the underwear drawer. Only every three days or so she gets to see the light of day.

Heritage and I are just back from a beautiful morning at the range. I tried but wasn't able to keep Black Beauty off my mind.