CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

The 22s have to get a lot more popular with the way ammo prices are going. The problem is that is cost as much to build a good 22 as it does to build a larger gun. Doesn't seem right to pay so much for a good plinker. I have an old AMC Lightning that I don't care much for so I bought the 22 conversion for my CZ75. I really do deserve a dedicated 22 though.

My hands down favorite 22 pistol is my S&W 41. Very nice to look at, feels in hand as nice as that Sig 210 and accurate as the day is long. Mine is an early one 1973 with the cocking indicator pin on the back.
    There's one on auction now that is got some serious pock marks on one side and clean on the other, kind of tempting as it's a lot less than they generally go for but still a lot at like 800. Even though it's rough looking I bet it's still a great shooter.
    I'd like to find a 5" top end to be able to swap.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    My hands down favorite 22 pistol is my S&W 41. Very nice to look at, feels in hand as nice as that Sig 210 and accurate as the day is long. Mine is an early one 1973 with the cocking indicator pin on the back.
    There's one on auction now that is got some serious pock marks on one side and clean on the other, kind of tempting as it's a lot less than they generally go for but still a lot at like 800. Even though it's rough looking I bet it's still a great shooter.
    I'd like to find a 5" top end to be able to swap.
    I've not known anyone that is so excited with their later vintage M41. I've literally learned three new bad words from members at my range that tried to make them work. I had an early 80's that was sorta ok after the extractor tweaking nonsense. I learned that from the Federal ammo folks after I complained to them that their ammo was no good. They set me straight with with full illustrated instructions on jimmying the extractor to make it reliable.

My fav .22 is my MKll with the full Volquartson treatment. Sweetheart.

I've never had an issue. Never tweaked anything on the extractor. Maybe I'm lucky it's an early one or perhaps it was already tweaked or didn't need tweaking before I got it.
    I have a 3rd model Colt Match Target that aggravates the heck out of me. It shoots a round ejects and feeds a new round fine but doesn't reset the striker. So it a shoot rack shoot. I replaced the recoil spring which didn't seem to improve anything. I'm not done, I love it and it was my favorite until the 41 came along.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I am not blessed with a S&W 41, nor a Sig 210 (although, man, maybe I should change that). But, I have had the opportunity to play with the new TX22 Competition from, yes, Taurus.

It is pretty impressive, and a small fraction of the cost of the Sig. It is one of those pistols everybody seems able to pick up and pleasantly surprise themselves with how well they just shot.

If you use a reflex type of sight, it bolts right to the barrel and all of that stays stationary. The factory mags are 16 rounds, and there are extensions available for the mags. I do have .22s., a few Rugers, even a Keltec CP33 (which doesn't work as well for me).

Anyway, they are worth checking into if you are looking for a tournament worthy pistol that doesn't break the bank.
    Picatinny 1 11-5-20 resized.jpg Fill Plate 11-5-20 resized.jpg RMSC 1 11-5-20 resized.jpg
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

But you do have a lovely S&W 686 (not plus). Your a lucky man. Send me that Shield sight and I'll hang it on my Canik for trial and evaluation.
    Thus far I've not been smitten with the red dot craze on hand guns but apparently they really work. My entire old department will transition to them as soon as they can secure ammo. They are hoping for mid year but ammo's tough right now.

I did hang one on my AR and I get along with it fine, have flip up irons in case it fails. Also put a magnifier on it which helps immensely on the longer shots.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Here are some generic images....not mine: Yes they are ambi. This is in 45acp, it will keep my Nightmare 357 company.
    WOOHOO...

Just got shipping notice it is on it's way! My new Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry 1911.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Congrats, they are sharp looking guns. And for some of us, what's not to like about a .45?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I am not blessed with a S&W 41, nor a Sig 210 (although, man, maybe I should change that). But, I have had the opportunity to play with the new TX22 Competition from, yes, Taurus.

It is pretty impressive, and a small fraction of the cost of the Sig. It is one of those pistols everybody seems able to pick up and pleasantly surprise themselves with how well they just shot.

If you use a reflex type of sight, it bolts right to the barrel and all of that stays stationary. The factory mags are 16 rounds, and there are extensions available for the mags. I do have .22s., a few Rugers, even a Keltec CP33 (which doesn't work as well for me).

Anyway, they are worth checking into if you are looking for a tournament worthy pistol that doesn't break the bank.
    Picatinny 1 11-5-20 resized.jpg Fill Plate 11-5-20 resized.jpg RMSC 1 11-5-20 resized.jpg
    That is not a very pretty pistol. But I know it is a fine shooter. I think it was designed by the Bolsheviks?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    WOOHOO...

Just got shipping notice it is on it's way! My new Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry 1911.
    One super nice weapon! Cool looking.

You need this?

pet.jpg