Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

Default 2020 Christmas, better than the year

Christmas gift from my wonderful wife this year! 45-70 Government.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absolutely beautiful gun you have.
    I have been seriously considering a Henry Big Boy carbine in .357. Love the sidegate model with the large loop.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I love my Side Gate 45/70 Henry. I hung it under the TV set on the wall so I can look at it when there's nothing on TV which is about 95% of the time.

laserfish, did your come with the big loop or did you add that. I heard they were going to ship with those but mine came with the standard loop. I ordered two of the large loops for my son and I. It's a nice shape and size and I like the looks of the bigger loop.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ordered the big loop after the fact and I totally agree that it adds to the good looks. Got to shoot it last weekend and you better have it tucked into your shoulder when shooting the high power loads or it will rock your world. Subsonic loads are fun to shoot. Going hog hunting with it this weekend. Anxious to see what it will do. Also, this side gate is much easier to load than my Win 30-30.

They do buck a bit with the full power stuff.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

After much deliberation and searching for the "right" .22 pistol I decided on a Buck Mark. I used to have a S&W Victory but ended up trading it off toward a different want. And I've missed not have a plinker so I remedied that today. There's not a lot available out there right now though I did manage to find a Ruger 22/45, another Victory, and two Buck Marks. I had a harder time choosing between the two Brownings, mostly because I could not find a Ruger Mark IV Hunter, which would have been my first choice. Still, I think I'll be happy with this. I'll post a couple of better pictures after I'm able to pick it up from Paperwork Purgatory.

And the best thing is, believe it or not, I was able to get it NIB for less than MSRP!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a fine looking pistol, seems like it looks better than Buckmarks I've seen before. Grip looks more ergonomic.

Bet she's a tack driver too. Enjoy.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thanks Colonel, it's a Rosewood UDX Pro Target model. Fiber Optic front sight, target rear sight. Should be a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    After much deliberation and searching for the "right" .22 pistol I decided on a Buck Mark. I used to have a S&W Victory but ended up trading it off toward a different want. And I've missed not have a plinker so I remedied that today. There's not a lot available out there right now though I did manage to find a Ruger 22/45, another Victory, and two Buck Marks. I had a harder time choosing between the two Brownings, mostly because I could not find a Ruger Mark IV Hunter, which would have been my first choice. Still, I think I'll be happy with this. I'll post a couple of better pictures after I'm able to pick it up from Paperwork Purgatory.

And the best thing is, believe it or not, I was able to get it NIB for less than MSRP!
    That is nice! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's a fine looking pistol, seems like it looks better than Buckmarks I've seen before. Grip looks more ergonomic.

Bet she's a tack driver too. Enjoy.
    Yep, as dao writes, that's a UDX frame Colonel. It is a comfy grip and the panels are really nice. Mine are in the black/silver color, but I think those that dao has look better. There's a similar size URX frame that doesn't have the finger grooves. The Buckmark rifle frame grip is also similar.

I'm a Buckmark fan. I have done the "Heggis Flip" on the three of the four I have. Two now have great triggers. The other is about the same as it was out of the box (decent).
    I see that Tandemkross is offering a drop-in module that supposedly (I haven't tried one, but it gets good reviews) gives excellent results with less hassle:
    https://www.tandemkross.com/GearBox-...ark_p_540.html

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've watched that Heggis flip on youtube Greg and it's something that I just might do. While I don't typically alter most of my carry guns' trigger I don't see any downsides to lightening the trigger on a plinker. I'm thinking the someone accidentally stumbled on the "flip". Regardless though it's a cool mod and costs nothing. This will be my first Buck Mark.