Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I bought some goat hide on eBay several months back and have used it to line 3 or 4 of the AlienGear holster shells I have. It is very thin and very workable. Coupled with Leather & Suede Glue by Aleene's it does not come loose. I couldn't bear the though of holstering my DWs in unlined kydex. I have nice leather owb holsters for them but I'm partial to flat-sided IWB holsters and AlienGear makes a nice system for that. So I used the goat hide on those shells as well as some others. If anyone has a FNX-45 I have a lined shell (RH), I'd be happy to mail you, free of charge. I just never warmed up to that gun and traded it off.

I'm getting ready to try my hand at making Kydex holsters, which will be lined with the leather also. I filled out the paperwork on my new P30 in .40 yesterday and it will be the recipient of the first holster I make. Holding and fondling it was satisfying. Pictures just don't do it justice. I do believe it will become part of my carry rotation with no light or laser, and I'll leave the CT Railmaster laser on the 9mm P30 for HD.

I really the looks of those P365s as well as the idea of carrying 10, 12, or 15 excellent SD rounds in such a small package. If it weren't for my strong like of Kahrs, and also hammer-fired guns I might have bought one by now. I too am looking forward to your range report Colonel.
    dao,

I am interested in your FNX45 lined holster shell. To be transparent, I will give it to a friend of mine I have known for 30 years, who recently bought his first handgun - a FNX45 Tactical with RD sight. We went shooting for his first outing with it, and the RD was dead on accurate. His first 50 rounds at 3 and 7 yards could have been covered up by a fifty cent piece. His first time shooting a pistol, at that!

-Wlf

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If you have to explain it, they don't get it. There is H&K, then there is Kahr!
    I love my K and MK9.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Because why?
    Quality, reliability, ergonomics and accuracy.
    What more info do you need?

In truth, I've met very few guns that I wouldn't like to at least fondle. And while we all have our preferences, if they work when they need to they'll all serve the purpose for which we rely on them.

But then there are those that we want to own. And this is one for me. My new P30S. Can be carried decocked, with safety on or off. Or cocked and locked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wlfman, PM me your mailing info. Here are some pictures. The one on top in each picture is unlined, the one on the bottom is one that I lined. Take your pick and I'll send you that one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    In truth, I've met very few guns that I wouldn't like to at least fondle. And while we all have our preferences, if they work when they need to they'll all serve the purpose for which we rely on them.

But then there are those that we want to own. And this is one for me. My new P30S. Can be carried decocked, with safety on or off. Or cocked and locked.
    With triple S/M/L back-strap and side panel grip options.
    The ergonomics are truly amazing

And mine has been bombproof right out of the box...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    With triple S/M/L back-strap and side panel grip options.
    The ergonomics are truly amazing

And mine has been bombproof right out of the box...
    Almost perfect. But for about a buck and a half you can drop in a 357sig barrel and not be afraid of nuthin'.

"Keine Kompromisse!"

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Almost perfect. But for about a buck and a half you can drop in a 357sig barrel and not be afraid of nuthin'.

"Keine Kompromisse!"

Except....having to take out a second mortgage for .357 ammo

I like them all..................love my P2SK in .40 cal. and I DO carry it. Prefer V3, no safety. Big Dot night sights. Oversize mag release. Gripsaver. My ideal carry firearm........................ I found it interesting. When my wife was window shopping for her first firearm, we got home and I asked her which handguns felt the best. The second gun mentioned was the S&W Model 10. The first..........H&K P30L.

I wish they made the P30SK in .40 and .357...