Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

The 22s have to get a lot more popular with the way ammo prices are going. The problem is that is cost as much to build a good 22 as it does to build a larger gun. Doesn't seem right to pay so much for a good plinker. I have an old AMC Lightning that I don't care much for so I bought the 22 conversion for my CZ75. I really do deserve a dedicated 22 though.

My hands down favorite 22 pistol is my S&W 41. Very nice to look at, feels in hand as nice as that Sig 210 and accurate as the day is long. Mine is an early one 1973 with the cocking indicator pin on the back.
    There's one on auction now that is got some serious pock marks on one side and clean on the other, kind of tempting as it's a lot less than they generally go for but still a lot at like 800. Even though it's rough looking I bet it's still a great shooter.
    I'd like to find a 5" top end to be able to swap.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    My hands down favorite 22 pistol is my S&W 41. Very nice to look at, feels in hand as nice as that Sig 210 and accurate as the day is long. Mine is an early one 1973 with the cocking indicator pin on the back.
    There's one on auction now that is got some serious pock marks on one side and clean on the other, kind of tempting as it's a lot less than they generally go for but still a lot at like 800. Even though it's rough looking I bet it's still a great shooter.
    I'd like to find a 5" top end to be able to swap.
    I've not known anyone that is so excited with their later vintage M41. I've literally learned three new bad words from members at my range that tried to make them work. I had an early 80's that was sorta ok after the extractor tweaking nonsense. I learned that from the Federal ammo folks after I complained to them that their ammo was no good. They set me straight with with full illustrated instructions on jimmying the extractor to make it reliable.

My fav .22 is my MKll with the full Volquartson treatment. Sweetheart.

I've never had an issue. Never tweaked anything on the extractor. Maybe I'm lucky it's an early one or perhaps it was already tweaked or didn't need tweaking before I got it.
    I have a 3rd model Colt Match Target that aggravates the heck out of me. It shoots a round ejects and feeds a new round fine but doesn't reset the striker. So it a shoot rack shoot. I replaced the recoil spring which didn't seem to improve anything. I'm not done, I love it and it was my favorite until the 41 came along.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."