Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

I kind of expected this but finding the Vernier Sights (decent ones) are like 300+. I'll shop around awhile I guess, might stumble on a used one or a close enough knock off.

Been keeping my eye out for a buffalo but ain't seen any, day ain't over yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I’ve always thought those octag. barrels looked classy. I bet that one was high dollar!
    Actually on the budget end compared to what I've been watching. Mine is a Taylors which has a good reputation, my son has a Pedersoli which I was looking for, hoping mine is as nice as his. Not sure what causes the attraction, maybe just history, maybe watching what Tom Selleck did with his Shiloh Sharps.

Interesting tidbit. The rifle Tom used became his personal property along with his rifle sheath and gun belt. He gifted all to the Brownell family. There was a video of a fella looking it all over I stumbled across. I know there were several used in the movie, especially for when they threw it in the dirt and they mentioned one with an even heavier barrel that he used for close up from the hip shots. Apparently to help with recoil flip. Oh well the wait begins.

Now no marbles left to bid on Bat Mastersons Colt but I probably would have missed out on that anyhow I reckon.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

“Apparently to help with recoil flip”
    Looking at pictures of a round that those things fire, I do understand that. Now I know how they were dropping those big ol’ buffalo.
    4563358A-32BA-4A47-876C-1656716623EC.jpg

Hey Colonel there are some buffalo down by where I live. Just sayin'

Nice rifle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    “Apparently to help with recoil flip”
    Looking at pictures of a round that those things fire, I do understand that. Now I know how they were dropping those big ol’ buffalo.
    4563358A-32BA-4A47-876C-1656716623EC.jpg
    Yeah they do buck a bit. I think first time I shot my sons I cracked a tooth. Could have just been coincidence. My little Henry in 45/70 leaves no doubt when it goes off but neither is brutal. I can't wait to light this thing off. Going to our vacation lake end of May and again in July, pretty nice range there especially for long stuff.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I think first time I shot my sons I cracked a tooth.... I’ve always gripped mine with my hands. Never tried holding one in my mouth. But, I know you have the wisdom of experience, so ok, I’ll give it a try!
    I can't wait to light this thing off.... I bet. Seeing that cartridge, I fully understand your excitement.

Nice score Colonel!
    Taylors has sights: https://taylorsfirearms.com/accessor...cessories.html
    If they ever get them back in stock, I'll have one of their 1885 Low Wall rifles in .22LR
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>