CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

there just ain't much better in the .22 world than the 22/45

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    After 16 days in a holding pattern and still no approval from County, the shop owner (probably tired of my impatience) allowed me to pick up my new Ruger. Not sure what the rules are now but used to be LE had 10 days to respond, after that the shop just delivers the gun, no matter it's home now.

Out of the box.

And of course one of the selling points of the 22/45 is removable grips. bawanna can't be having no plain black plastic.

Admittedly these are fake stag but it's a tupperware frame and against all the rules of nature so at least for now I thought they were a good start and in my eyes much nicer to look at which of course is job 1.
    I've always assumed 1911 grips were a drop on fit, alas such is not the case. It took a bit of modification to make a 1911 grip work but not to hard.

And of course since I can't leave well enough alone and it's cold outside and all I can think about is moving to be neighbors with Greg where it's almost always warm I decided to mount a cheap red dot sight I had laying around. I had a base for my MKII that surprisingly fit perfectly on the MK4. I think I took it off because it didn't show up well in bright sunlight so I might have to upgrade that at some point but low priority. I don't think Kamala will be after Red Dot sights at least for the first 6 months or so of her presidency.

Happy to finally get it home. Gave me something to play with for a few hours. Guess I'll go look for something else to mess with.

If anybody has an old take off 10/22 stock they are willing to part with (reasonable) I've been wanting to make another 10/22 Mares leg. Course the world found this out and everybody is gouging like 9mm ammo.
    Congrats on the new Ruger Colonel!

i haven't handled many of the MKIV so I didn't realize the MKIV 22/45 grips are different from the MKIII 22/45 (I guess I should check to see if that is the same for the metal frame guns). For reference, here's my FrankenRuger (MKII top end on a MKIII 22/45 frame)

Bring that puppy down here so we can do a more thorough comparison and you can enjoy some warmer weather.

Regards,
    Greg

BTW, I still may put stag on that plastic FX Hybrid 1911 I have
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Nice addition.
    Makes me miss my 1956 Standard 4”.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Good buy chief. My MKIII has has a major overhaul with the addition of a full Volquartsen alloy lower. The cost was softened by the sale of the original polymer lower.

"Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Congrats on the new Ruger Colonel!

i haven't handled many of the MKIV so I didn't realize the MKIV 22/45 grips are different from the MKIII 22/45 (I guess I should check to see if that is the same for the metal frame guns). For reference, here's my FrankenRuger (MKII top end on a MKIII 22/45 frame)

Bring that puppy down here so we can do a more thorough comparison and you can enjoy some warmer weather.

Regards,
    Greg

BTW, I still may put stag on that plastic FX Hybrid 1911 I have
    Those pics of your enlightened me. Mine has the same controls but rather than just a button like yours they put levers. As I was whittling on the grips I actually thought, why do I need these levers. The slide lock lever actually comes off real easy and keeps the slide lock button out, like a C clip. Not sure on the safety. Mine actually came with a little washer to replace the ambi safety on the right side if preferred. But the washer sticks out just as far as the lever so I left it for now.
    I could do without both, I seldom use the safety or the slide lock on these as they are basically a range gun.
    I sure do love how the MKIV breaks down, a few more parts inside but super easy to clean.
    I did take my MKII apart a few weeks back and did it without the book, no swear words or nuthin. I was pretty proud of myself.
    I'll have to look up FX Hybrid 1911, not sure what that even is.

I like yours alot 340. I thought about cutting my accessory rail so I could leave the rear sight but thought if I ever wanted to mount anything closer to the back I'd regret it. Would have looked just like yours on top.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sometimes a person has to buy a gun that isn't a Kahr. After the sinkhole took my house and everything in it I had no long arms so I picked this up on line.
    An Enfield 303 British Jungle Carbine. When I picked it up I was surprised the shop actually had some 303 to feed it, so I got a couple boxes. Tried to find 303 while waiting for it's arrival and there was none to be had anyplace.

Photo Evidence.

Love the little funnel on the end, think it just looks cool which of course is job one in my world.

Some slight remorse with the replaced rear sight. It should work fine and looks ok. I had anticipated replacing it with an original ladder type rear like it's supposed to have but apparently some metal was removed so I need to look at this a little harder, might not be worth it and have to accept as is.

My son has the rifle version that is stone cold stock as issued so we got a pair I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice Enfield Colonel. I'll bet it has some stories to tell that would be interesting to hear.

This sinkhole, was that something that happened recently?

Hi,

Nice! Really nice! All of 'em! 😁

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

We get a lot of sinkholes in Florida...
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Nice Enfield Colonel. I'll bet it has some stories to tell that would be interesting to hear.

This sinkhole, was that something that happened recently?
    Yeah, wasn't too long ago. I thought I'd be safe and not take all my guns on the boat when fishing, so left them home.....come home and all gone, still painful to think about.....at least I got the Jungle Carbine.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan