Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Those look pretty durn nice. Me being old school and born a 100 years too late, I'm not a real fan of G10 myself (usually) There are some instances where it works well.
    Still no comparison to the factory grips on my 210, they are gorgeous and feel absolutely sweet in my hand. Don't even want a holster, I'll just hold it and carry it around.
    That's about how I feel about most of the guns I've ever owned. I've gotten as much enjoyment out of handling them as I have shooting them. Not sure what it is but after the purchase price stops hurting, the fondling is a cheap thrill... for me anyway. I'm sort of old school about some of it too, but I do love G10 for some reason. It's like the carbon fiber of pistols to me. I feel the same way about micarta.

G10 has a feel I can’t quite figure out. I like the texture, but it doesn’t seem right on a gun. It’s functional, but like laminated wood, it feels fake. I don’t like fake.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I've worked a little G10 and Micarta, neither was any fun to work with either. Course there's all different kinds of Micarta, I might not have had good stuff. Some does look nice but guess I'm just not partial to it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There are many different textures to both. You're right John in that G10 is not natural. But therein lies the beauty. With the right texture it doesn't matter if you're sweaty, oily, or just wet your grip's not going to slip.

I would say Colonel you're right too, unlike G10 to a certain extent there are many formulas for micarta, some being better than others. But for both you should definitely avoid breathing the dust. It's not good stuff in that regard. I have a Tops B.O.B knife with micarta handles. It provides a great grip.

I have a TOPS knife too. I think it has a micarta handle as well. Great little knife. Don't know what mines called.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sig makes some beautiful firearms. Looks great.

I spent way too much time struggling with disassembly and reassembly of a 3” S&W 65 today. I got it hoping it could be my “one and done” handgun, if I ever had s boating accident. I don’t like grooved triggers so I found a smooth faced one on Ebay and it arrived today. Those infernal internal springs left my hands beat all to heck. The worst is a very strong compression spring that goes into what looks like an alligator’s mouth. He really does not want to swallow that spring. The other tricky one is the leg of a coil spring that keeps the hand in the right position. It felt great when I got it back together and of course I won’t get to shoot it for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I spent way too much time struggling with disassembly and reassembly of a 3” S&W 65 today. I got it hoping it could be my “one and done” handgun, if I ever had s boating accident. I don’t like grooved triggers so I found a smooth faced one on Ebay and it arrived today. Those infernal internal springs left my hands beat all to heck. The worst is a very strong compression spring that goes into what looks like an alligator’s mouth. He really does not want to swallow that spring. The other tricky one is the leg of a coil spring that keeps the hand in the right position. It felt great when I got it back together and of course I won’t get to shoot it for another week.
    I’ve yet to go deep on a revolver. It is on my list. I do know what you mean though. Last project left my hands raw, bruised, scratched and joints hurting for about 3 weeks. Glad you got her back together though. I bet it will be a real joy to shoot after all of that hard work and cussing!

I feel like I brought fists to a gunfight.

Finally, after a 6 year dry spell, I bought a new gun. For ten years I've been wishing for a 44 spl revolver that would fit my digitally challenged hand (short fingers), even not considering price so much. Stopped by the toy store yesterday to pick up my "don't need it, I want it" pound of gun powder and just happened to see that he had a Charter Arms Bulldog, 44 spl, in one of the nearly bare display cabinets. Been asking him for several years about stocking one so I could at least feel the grip and trigger reach ... he forgot to call me last month when it came in. Don't matter, I went back this morning and adopted that puppy. Didn't need it - I wanted it. Besides, it perfectly fits my 11 year old SP-101 holster. Feels rather cheap, but dang it works

jd

maybe I'll be back it this thread by 2027 ....

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!