CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new

Thread: New addition to the tool shed.

Default New addition to the tool shed.

I figured I needed a carbine to chew through some of my 9mm ammo...and being a lefty, I wanted something reversible.

This Just Right Carbine Gen 3 Takedown arrived today. Can't wait to take it to the range...

Very nice! I’m a big JRC fan. I’ve had my 45 acp take down for just less than four years. Can’t say enough great things about it. A blast to shoot, reliable, inexpensive ammo and accurate enough (it is pistol ammo). I like the side charging handle better than an AR15 type. Your going to have lots of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it! It takes Glock mags?, even better.

I believe that a pistol caliber carbine is a near perfect weapon for certain missions. I carried one during some volunteer security work. Not as much risk of over-penetration compared to a rifle round.

JRC is the best bang for the buck in a PCC format. Glock or M&P mag well, Glock the most popular. I run Glock 13 and Kriss 26 round mags. 26 rounds of 45acp before a reload is FUN! That big fat 230g round can ring some steel. Nice to swap mags with the G41. This is 13 round mag dump from a sand bag. It gets the job done.

A pistol caliber carbine is a blast to own. My particular vice is the Beretta CX4 Storm which also has reversible ejection and charging handle choice. Fun, cheap, (well... cheaper at least), and accurate way to shoot. Enjoy your new tool.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Cool Run Silent, Run Deep

My pistol caliber carbine

Ripley, I came close to purchasing a cx4 in 45 but they discontinued it, so I looked at the JRC.
    Barth, your collection is noteworthy.
    ID, having the take down model is much easier to clean. Just remove the barrel and clean the breach area and bolt face without removing the tube or lower. The lower trigger housing does get some power residue, being a blowback design. It doesn’t get filthy. I clean the lower at about 600-700 rounds. Have fun.

Here is my pistol caliber carbine:

Marin 1894 C in 357 Magnum.

The "pistol" is a S&W M60.