Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K9 Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd380 View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it! Yes, I love my BHP. Only reason I don't dump rounds through it on the regular is because I'm not sure I can afford to buy another one. The world needs more thin, all metal guns...
    They have gotten pricey! Keep the springs fresh and it should last a long time. Also check out BH Spring Solutuions for Hi Power goodies. They have a new buffered recoil assembly that saves some wear and tear on the gun. I agree that the K9 is a superb carry gun, the grip feels a little like a Hi Power to me. I recently picked up a MK9 which brings me up to 4 Kahrs (2 steel, 2 polymer). I seem to be gravitating to the K9 and MK9 more than the polymer ones.

Thanks for the advice, I will get some new springs for my HP's. At some point I want to get one of my alloy HP's and one of my Izzy Mark 3's worked over into a great carry piece.

I believe the Kahr's grip was modeled after the HP's grip.

Quote Originally Posted by acroreef View Post
    Hello folks,
    I'm a retired PO and have trained primarily with Sigs). I want to have my carry pistol be the same as the one I will eventually compete with. (This is just about self improvement, not becoming a champion).
    Dave
    Well first of all Dave, thank you for your service. I think that's a good objective you have too.

Quote Originally Posted by acroreef View Post
    Hello folks,
    When I see Jerry Miculek shoot double-action revolvers so fast and accurately, I wonder if the complaints about the Kahr trigger are really valid. Can one become proficient with enough hours of practice to hold one's own against striker fired pistols or 1911's?
    Dave
    Even without handling his guns, I can pretty much guarantee that even with a Wolff 5 pound Striker Spring -- just as I've done in my T9, K9 and P9 Covert -- there's just no way a well broken-in Kahr will ever compare to what Jerry shoots. I'll bet his DA revolver trigger pulls are meticulously smoothed, worked on and very well maintained; and are much lighter than most shooters may use for DA on their revolvers.

That said, I'd also bet that a great Kahr in the hands of a great shooter could be "competitive" as long as the shooter was into it for the fun, challenge and self-improvement, just as you said, and wasn't aiming (pun fully intended) for the top spot in the rankings.

If your goal is to compete with the K9 to improve your skills and then also to carry the K9 -- I'd say go for it, good luck and keep up posted!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    They have gotten pricey! Keep the springs fresh and it should last a long time. Also check out BH Spring Solutuions for Hi Power goodies. They have a new buffered recoil assembly that saves some wear and tear on the gun. I agree that the K9 is a superb carry gun, the grip feels a little like a Hi Power to me. I recently picked up a MK9 which brings me up to 4 Kahrs (2 steel, 2 polymer). I seem to be gravitating to the K9 and MK9 more than the polymer ones.
    I just went to BH SS's site--wow, they offer a lot. I was thinking about installing an SFS system at one point. The shock buffer might be a nice bonus. Thanks for the input. I agree--Kahr seems to take a few cues from the P35. Especially the trigger reach. For me, that's a key selling point of both. I feel like a T9 would come even closer to Hi Power-ness. One day...

Miculek could ROCK a plate rack with a K9!
    That would be fun to watch.

You do realize Jerry Miculek isn't from this planet....No normal human should be able to do this....Gives me hope for us old guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw