Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: Favorite Plinker LCR22 cal. and why I am stocking up on ammo

Default Favorite Plinker LCR22 cal. and why I am stocking up on ammo

I love shooting the small barrel firearms. And I love the Kahr DAO and the Beretta's. I also love the small revolvers. And it is not by coincidence that the Ruger LCR22 cal is my favorite shooting Plinker and trainer. I have been shooting this gun now for years and IMO will hone your skills better than just about any gun out there. You want to become proficient with a DAO, get the LCR22. Expensive, but so well made.
    I enjoy shooting 22.cals. Now we seen that ammo is drying up. Even bullets for reloading is going South. Fortunately I anticipated this years ago and stocked up on 9mm and 380 ammo as well as 22.cal.
    But now, while I have a month budget I spend on ammo. Most center fired ammo is hard to get and going up on price.
    But there seems to be a good supply of 22.cal. So I have been getting orders of 22.cal in about every 5 days. Buying as much as I can budget.

Target sports was a blessing. The $99.00 membership has more than paid for itself. Get one box of ammo are bulk. Free shipping no matter quantity and they ARE FAST shipping.
    It will not be long before the 22.cal is GONE. Be prepared.

I own a number of 22.cal pistols. But these inexpensive Phoenix HPA's are one heck of a little trainer. Been shooting them now for 10 years. They love standard velocity ammo. Trigger is not DAO but a great trigger. Gun_Test magazine gave them a A+ rating and while I do not always agree with them, they got this one right.

Is that the 9mm LCR I see there using moon clips?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Is that the 9mm LCR I see there using moon clips?
    Yes, Love the Moon clips. I also have the Smith 642 which I carry a lot, but train with the LCR9mm. I typically load up 40 moon clips the night before a range time.