Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 31

Default Glock 31

Any thoughts on a Glock 31 in 357 Sig? I was at Ahlman's today and they had a new one for a good price. I really like the 357 sig cartridge. I have a 229 Sig with it and a 239 Sig also.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Any thoughts on a Glock 31 in 357 Sig? I was at Ahlman's today and they had a new one for a good price. I really like the 357 sig cartridge. I have a 229 Sig with it and a 239 Sig also.
    I used to feel the same way! During the "Assault Weapons Ban" of 1994 to 2004 I was so crazy about having a Glock 31 with (then) "pre ban/hi cap" mags I bought an early Glock 22 with non-metal-lined mags. These mags would expand when loaded and although they worked fine, would not drop free of the handgun.

Glock 22 and 31 are the same with just a barrel swap.

So if you want one, get it. I love bottle neck cartridges kind of like how I love hourglass-shaped women.

The non metal lined magazines are the way the Europeans like them, they don't want the mag to eject if it has rounds.
    We over here for some reason like to dump mags with rounds in them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Oh? European thing? I have read that in WW1 Luger mags were often lost during a mag change......so......when Walther designed the P38, they broke with PP and PPK designs (drop free mags) and went with heel retention because they found if one had to pull the mag out they were more likely to pocket it rather than drop it to the ground.

I think the same magazine article made the mocking comment that "here in the US we are always in these high volume gun fights and need fast mag changes" or something. LOL

Any feedback on the Glock 31? Shooting...carrying...
    "Life Member NRA"

I put a Glock 31 barrel into a Glock 22 and it shot just fine. You have a 125 grain 9mm bullet at higher velocity out of a full-sized handgun. It shoots fine.

Personally I'd carry a Glock 31 open or for work (cop/security) and a Glock 32 for CCW. Bit smaller for concealment but still decent number of rounds.

All black one.
    "Life Member NRA"

I think a 357 Sig would be nice. When the dept transitioned they briefly entertained the idea of going 357. Ammo cost etc convinced them to go 45. Still have a box of 357 Sig we acquired for testing but never shot.
    I wouldn't mind having one in some flavor.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    All black one.
    You surprised me. I thought for sure that "green" would have been somewhere in the picture. I prefer the stainless and green/tan? myself.