Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K9 vs. T9 Comparison RE Shooting in IDPA CCP Division

Default K9 vs. T9 Comparison RE Shooting in IDPA CCP Division

A follow-up to my questions regarding the K9...

I looked at the dimensions of the T9 and the "T" isn't all that much larger or heavier than the K9. And still smaller than the Glock 19 for example. I was wondering if the T9 would have an advantage over the K9 in IDPA - CCP? Longer sight radius, heavier, to mitigate muzzle rise...or is my logic specious here? It would be slightly tougher to carry concealed but certainly folks carry much larger guns. Or if there is an advantage, would this just be extremely minimal?

Thanks again for putting up with my multiple questions. I greatly appreciate your responses.

Dave

I had similar thoughts. Curious to hear from those who've had experience with both. I feel like, possibly, you'd be gaining more in shootability with the T versus what you'd be losing in terms of concealability? Maybe?

But then again I've never even seen a T9. So... there's that...

The T gives a bit more grip and longer sight radius, super comfy in hand although the K isn't bad at all either.
    I would say minimal improvement in all categories, perhaps not extremely minimal. I don't find the T at all difficult to conceal nor is it uncomfortable to carry. I haven't carried mine too much, haven't had it but about 6 months or so.
    Being used to carrying a 1911 all the time the carry aspect is a non issue.

While I don't really consider it a gaming gun unless it's a daily carry type category I'd probably opt for the T if I was going to play.

I love my T but I'm mighty partial to my K as well. Course my PM45 gets carried more at least for now.

Probably not helping much other than I don't think you can go too far wrong with either one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I owned both the T and K at the same time and frequently had Kahr only range days. I can't say the T offered any practical advantage over the K. My hand fit both equally well. Accuracy was equal. Both had the elite trigger. I can see a difference if your K had the standard longer trigger pull but otherwise no. You do get a choice of grips with the K not available with the T model. Mostly a toss up IMHO.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

This thread got me to thinking (I know rare event). So I broke out the T and K's for a side by side.
    I'll change my minimal improvement to extremely minimal improvement.
    A shot of the trio with the T in the middle, not a significant size difference.

The slide/barrel length isn't much but slight advantage to the T, again not much.

Grip length is maybe the most significant plus to the T, while the K provides enough for me, the T is down right roomy and very comfortable.

Let it be known I am NOT left handed, it's only for balance and symmetry, just couldn't work the camera with my left hand.
    The T with room to spare.

The K with enough room but little extra. Still not bad, feels plenty good.

Not really a fair image as I made a pretty thin set of T grips and the color is deceiving as well but I'd say zero difference between the T and K for grip thickness.

And just for fun comparison I threw in the CBob which I'm wearing today and do most days for size comparison. The T fits in my Garrett Silent Thunder holster perfectly which made me happy since Bob and Sheryl don't make a T specific holster for the T. They suggested if it fits run it.

So I guess the only solution is to have both, if you have giant hands, the T is the best choice. I waited many years to own a T, only seen 2 in all my born days and own one of the 2 so I'll be hanging onto this one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This is awesome feedback. Thanks so much for the pics and the insights.

Some T9s just cropped up on GB and I'm trying to decide whether to buy one or invest in upgrades for my K. Not sure I could keep both if I did buy the T... I'm getting married next year and I'm trying to be "sensible" with my gun budget. At this point, I'm leaning toward some G10 grips, a steel guide rod and some possible dehorning for the K.

But that T9... so fine... I've always wanted one. Sigh.

Thanks again for your responses. A special thank you to Bawanna for taking the extra time to show the comparison pics. I greatly appreciate your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd380 View Post
    This is awesome feedback. Thanks so much for the pics and the insights.

Some T9s just cropped up on GB and I'm trying to decide whether to buy one or invest in upgrades for my K. Not sure I could keep both if I did buy the T... I'm getting married next year and I'm trying to be "sensible" with my gun budget. At this point, I'm leaning toward some G10 grips, a steel guide rod and some possible dehorning for the K.

But that T9... so fine... I've always wanted one. Sigh.
    "I'm getting married next year"
    A little bawanna wisdom passed down from my father. Get everything you could want, cars, trucks, guns, everything you can possibly put together.
    Then after your married try to hang onto as much as you can for as long as you can.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

" Sensible " and " gun budget " frequently don't go together well...…………………………………………………………………………………………….

Such solid advice here! Contemplating marriage myself once the pandemic is over...