Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K9 vs. T9 Comparison RE Shooting in IDPA CCP Division

Bwanna great looking shooters.

Thanks for the gun and life advice, guys. I may pull the trigger. I haven't decided yet. Luckily I already got the impractical sports car. Which needs brakes. And an oil change. And the next payment. But hey, what's one more gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd380 View Post
    Thanks for the gun and life advice, guys. I may pull the trigger. I haven't decided yet. Luckily I already got the impractical sports car. Which needs brakes. And an oil change. And the next payment. But hey, what's one more gun?
    Unlike most cars, guns tend to go up in value.......so there's that.

Go ahead and get it......or keep eyes open for one at a "good deal" price. Hit us with range report. Get a holster and carry it. Put 50 rounds through it a week so if you ever need it, your skills match the gun's abilities.

Get married and teach your wife how to shoot.........BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, DO NOT MARRY AN ANTI-GUN WOMAN. Don't do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd380 View Post
    Not enough but one more step in owning them all.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    "I'm getting married next year"
    A little bawanna wisdom passed down from my father. Get everything you could want, cars, trucks, guns, everything you can possibly put together.
    Then after your married try to hang onto as much as you can for as long as you can.
    Interesting advice...

OR you could do THIS...

Marry the right gal that will support your buying trucks, cars, boats, fishing rods and GUNS when the budget allows.

My bride gardens up a storm all spring & summer, and has more shoes than I'd ever need -- but I've done OK in the above departments.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Interesting advice...

OR you could do THIS...

Marry the right gal that will support your buying trucks, cars, boats, fishing rods and GUNS when the budget allows.

My bride gardens up a storm all spring & summer, and has more shoes than I'd ever need -- but I've done OK in the above departments.

Old No7
    Good theory but extremely rare finds. They all will support your buying and desire habits until you say I do and then it usually switches to you don't.
    Sad but true.
    I'm pretty fortunate myself, I found one of the rare ones. She balks of course and says no a lot but usually gets over it when I do it anyhow. She doesn't have a lot of expensive buying habits, lots of foolish no common sense purchases but she takes after her dad and always buys cheap stuff.
    That's where we are opposites. She's ok with junk, I hate junk and will research and get the best that I can get, usually junk too but that's the age we live in. People have been conditioned to accept junk.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My GF is totally OK with me carrying, both concealed and open, plus is a great shot herself. Biggest problem is she lives 11,000 miles away in southeast Asia. Planned to have her over here by next summer but that's on hold for now until immigration opens back up.

I was always pretty good about resisting peer pressure. Booze, drugs, acts of blatant stupidity to impress your friends--no problemo. But when it comes to things like T9s... it's admittedly much harder.

That said...

As much as I love the idea of the T9, I think I'm gonna hold off for now. Consensus seems like it's not appreciably different from the K in terms of shootability. I think I'm gonna order the K9 grips and the rod from Lakeline and buy some ammo. I've got plenty of other guns to shoot, for now (I kinda rediscovered my Daewoo DP51c and I have a new-to-me DAK P239 in .357 Sig which needs some love). Adding another one to the "will shoot" roster just seems... overwhelming? Especially when the K is vetted, reliable and carries great. With 5 mags and a holster that works.

But... some day. I will own a T9. And maybe a PM45. And a PM9.

And the gal is definitely is not gun averse. She shoots pretty well, actually--and makes me take the Hi Power every time we go to the range (not that I need a lot of convincing). She's never complained about me buying guns. Or money-pit two-seaters... I've just been trying to keep some cash in reserve in these uncertain times.

Mine has no issue with carrying, she carry's herself, she's not an avid shooter but always has her little 38 in the purse.
    It's buying new guns that I thought we were discussing.

She knows well enough that I will never "NOT" carry and has no issue with it in the least.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan